SAU Community

Realistic Prices For V35's At The Moment?

Similar km cars are currently going at the auctions for well below that. Of course its importing v buying local but have a look around i have seen some for $10k cheaper than what you've mentioned.

Yeah thats exactly what I was wondering. As silver is meant to be the cheapest colour but manual is rare from what I have seen.

Black is the most expensive, what do you think of chances of getting a decent white V35 for under $20k complied and landed not including rego costs and new tyres?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is possible to get a white manual coupe for under $20k landed and complied. it may not be a premium edition though.

i could be wrong here, but im going to suggest that many of the cheap v35s going through auction lately have had their kms wound back. the drivers seat side bolsters seem to be an obvious giveaway, some are showing significant wear and cracks.

I'm also in the market for a manual V35 coupe. But it's just so hard to find one that hasn't had its odometer wound back. 80% of the V35s on carsales have around 25-30ks on the clock which is just so unreal. I have no experience importing vehicles and would prefer not to wait 4-5 months for a car. A decent untampered V35 is really very hard to find these days.

I'm also in the market for a manual V35 coupe. But it's just so hard to find one that hasn't had its odometer wound back. 80% of the V35s on carsales have around 25-30ks on the clock which is just so unreal. I have no experience importing vehicles and would prefer not to wait 4-5 months for a car. A decent untampered V35 is really very hard to find these days.

Welcome to the world of imports. As advised by other members you need to rely more on the condition of the car instead of focusing soley on Km's travelled. I am leaning more towards importing my own as most of the winding back is done once the car hits Australia, this is not to say Japan do not wind back there odo.

I am close to importing one myself but have been reading many issues which worry me, for example having to change valve covers every couple of years due to leaking oil into the spark plugs. I had a 1996 R33 GTS-T which worked flawlessly for over 7 years till the day I sold it. Looking for something newer but doesn't seem these cars are very reliable. Hope someone can say otherwise because I think these cars look amazing but don't want to continually spend money on fixing things.

Speaking of v35 prices, i have an 06 series 3 premium triptronic with a real 30k on the clock.

Immaculate paint/body/insides.

Anyone care to ball park me a figure of what its worth, i know i could check j-spec etc, but 06 series 3's seem damn rare on there.

I have a manual silver V35, 2003, premium close to 55K on the clock.

Id personally anticipate costs to be around the 26-28K depending on if i include the GPS/TV/Video Car PC system.

T

Speaking of v35 prices, i have an 06 series 3 premium triptronic with a real 30k on the clock.

Immaculate paint/body/insides.

Anyone care to ball park me a figure of what its worth, i know i could check j-spec etc, but 06 series 3's seem damn rare on there.

I know what you paid for it :(

A 7 year old car with 14,000km. So someone bought it that long time ago and just looked at it for most of the time?

So that would mean some of those 2003 v35s with 35,000km could be legit. Need to get my hands on one of those.

03 car with only 14k on the clock? That sounds a bit.. you know what I mean.

I bought it with 10800km on the clock: it was absolutely as new in every area: still smelled new, had full history, seats and interior were perfect, etc...etc...etc... I was very lucky at the auctions: there are cars out there with (genuine) very low km, but they are few and far between.

nah I'll vouch for that car. it was genuine.

Hahah yeah that you do, the good part about that is that you can also vouch for the k's.

Just hit 35k km on the weekend, i'm pondering the possibilities of selling it and moving to a 370gt as they seem to be coming down in price,

thought it might be an idea to sell up and do it now before the v35 350's drop too much.

Hahah yeah that you do, the good part about that is that you can also vouch for the k's.

Just hit 35k km on the weekend, i'm pondering the possibilities of selling it and moving to a 370gt as they seem to be coming down in price,

thought it might be an idea to sell up and do it now before the v35 350's drop too much.

Good move, I think on that note I may wait for the 370gt to come down in price a tad. Haven't heard many issues regarding them. I think they are a refined version of the V35.

Someone buy mine! :)

63xxx kms mhm hmm! 03 manual premium with all the goodies and mods! And it's priced well too..hrmph slow market.

Yep plenty of wound back V's. I got mine inspected prior to purchase and got it from a reputable place at least.

Someone buy mine! :(

63xxx kms mhm hmm! 03 manual premium with all the goodies and mods! And it's priced well too..hrmph slow market.

Yep plenty of wound back V's. I got mine inspected prior to purchase and got it from a reputable place at least.

I guess the fact you can import nice examples from Japan for real cheap pretty much kills the local market somewhat.

That it does: over 8 months on the market, and only 2 relatively interested parties made me decide to keep the ChargeSpeed car. I figured I may as well enjoy it...