SAU Community

S2 Rs Running Crap

Silhouette31

First problem I've had with my Stag since I bought it 18 months ago...

at idle in P or whether in gear with brake on, it mis-fires intermitantly and smells strongly of fuel.. havent noticed any issues while driving

i filled up fuel on tuesday and reset the trip meter, i've done 200k's and used half a tank already..

thinking afm/oxygen sensor/coil packs? anyone had any similar problems and might be able to point me in the right direction? its just a dead stock standard rb25 neo.

thanks.

id b susing plugs, and coilpacks for any short out/grounding around the edge of the cup that sits on the top of the plug.. it will be white dots... if so i believe you can put electrical tape inside to stop this. how olds the O2 sensor? and might aswell clean the afm while ur there... c how this goes... wat gap on ur plugs u using?

lol, 200kms half tank, havent done that in a while ;)

hahaha exactly what i was thinking lol, i'm happy if i see 200km to half a tank.

Silhouette31, firstly start with a fresh set of spark plugs. then a quick and easy one to do is clean the AFM with some contact cleaner(carb cleaner). if its still not right then probably one of the easy ones to fault find on is O2 sensor, if your handy with a multimeter just probe the signal output, or if you have a consult cable or know anyone that does just use that. look for a "lazy" cycle on the sensor, it should quickly bounce back and forwards from 0-1v. if its lagging or just stuck, it will cause incorrect fuel correction on the fuel maps making it run either lean or rich.

^^^^^ how do u find this with consult? i just changed mine and wouldnt mind checking if its all legit... im still popping a flame with full boost gear changed so im clearly not leaning off at that end :blush:

what consult program are you using? Ecutalk is a good one, just connect up to the ecu, tick the O2 Sensor box from the available sensors/readings, and the choose display gauges. you will see an O2 sensor voltage gauge ;)

its got brand new platinum plugs 4000k's ago when i did a major service.. gaps are standard as everything on the motor is 100% standard including airbox etc.

i used to get 250-300km's to half a tank easy. its not running rough all the time, only slightly missing at idle and when it does it has a rich fuel smell

sorry to be annoying but how do i test the o2 sensor? i have a multimeter and all, what pins do i connect to and what readings should i get? resistance or volts?

might try the afm clean though, ive never touched it.