SAU Community

How U Drive In The Rain

08yannch

No offense taken Say what you like but considering there are auto r33 and nonners 300 drivers on here whinging about traction makes me wonder..

Fair call mate

Oh, and I would just like to point out that I now drive a manual houseboat. The auto is now in a pickles yard somewhere. My sig lies!

About time you man'ed up :) toot toot!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scariest moment was when my sister was driving it down a hill in heavy rain, took a good 100 metres to stop from 60kmph because she was braking too hard and spent most of the time sliding down the hill. We came to a stop about 4 metres before the roundabout

You let your sister drive your skyline in the rain?! :)

The only people who get to drive my skyline other than me, are my two mechanic mates and my two suspension guys (Bard and Muttley), and maybe Paolo because he let me drive his beast :laugh:

The only people who get to drive my skyline other than me, are my two mechanic mates and my two suspension guys (Bard and Muttley), and maybe Paolo because he let me drive his beast :)

Yeah we sortof share cars, not in the rain though anymore lol

She likes driving my car because its faster and more fun to drive than hers, and I lke driving her car because it can go over speedbumps and uses half as much fuel

I got Toyo R1R 195/50/15 at the rear and Yokohama Parada Spec-2 195/50/15 at the front... 38psi rear, 36psi front...

They are damn good on dry, but on wets, the Toyo loves to slide out easily but the Yokohama still grips nicely at the front, annoying (BUT FUN) when driving around corners especially in my AE86 lol...

Give it some more revs before you drop the clutch..

hey mate,

is that a serious suggestion?

i checked rear suspension bushes for wear they all seem OK, not cracked etc.

car has std suspension & the clutch is h/d but still organic and as stated the problem is only up to 20km/h then it's fine, unless i boot it obviously

not trying to wheelspin, just need to get momentum up so i don't hold up the flow of traffic :D

thanks heaps,

-dave

hey mate,

is that a serious suggestion?

i checked rear suspension bushes for wear they all seem OK, not cracked etc.

car has std suspension & the clutch is h/d but still organic and as stated the problem is only up to 20km/h then it's fine, unless i boot it obviously

not trying to wheelspin, just need to get momentum up so i don't hold up the flow of traffic :D

thanks heaps,

-dave

Oh if you don't want to wheelspin then don't give it more revs :blush:

Not much you can do about holding up traffic, srsly, fk them.

Axle tramp can be from a few reasons but mostly it's old suspension components.

The only people who get to drive my skyline other than me, are my two mechanic mates and my two suspension guys (Bard and Muttley), and maybe Paolo because he let me drive his beast :P

Well Bubba I'm just a girl and my housemate let's me drive his cars quite often, not all girls a bad drivers. They have plenty of poke and then some.

Jes guys, my wife drives her 33 auto and is turbo everyday with our baby in back and never has had a drama with loosing traction one bit. IMO, it's got to be the way you are driving. My 32 has 430 at the rears and never had any issues. Its drivers on the road who panic and drop in speed when it rains who cause accidents. If ya can't handle a little bit of water then you shouldn't be driving.

To be perfectly honest...if you guys are losing it in the rain you need to stop being dick heads and slow down...

I read up to about here and then just flat out thought /agree

If you are questioning how you should be driving in the rain, you are driving wrong to begin with and need to slow the f**k down and take your time, and as suggested by someone else, sell your car.

In terms of rubber though, I have a set of Falken ZE912 235/40/18's on my car. Have skid-panned it only 1 time with this rubber and it is some of the best rubber I have driven on. So much lateral grip in the dry AND in the wet.

Edited by stormtrooper