SAU Community

My Rb25/30

MNTLRB

not sure about the prices, we pay 900 for them in AUS, not sure if its 900 in NZ or what the go is.

i think clearancing will be all,you will have to have a decent search on the hydraulic lifters in the head.

as i said before, depending, some people have issues at over 350rwkw,i think larger cams may impact also? dont quote me on it though.

in the below thread are all the RB cam specs

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/post-a282987-

Edited by jangles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really depends where you want to make the power, my mate has 280' 10.5mm cams in his 25DET/30+T04Z, it's a bit laggy but fkn screams to 8000+, oh and sounds awesome :rofl:

I'm sticking with the DE cam for now as they made decent power in the last 30 setup, 365rwkw @ 21psi through a pair of 2540s (bad), stock throttlebody/plenum (RB20), and I'd prefer the lower down from the shorter duration, I'm not bolting a HUGE turbo (GT35R) on so small cams and keeping the rev limit sensible (7500ish depending on when it stops making power) is the name of the game for me.

not sure about the prices, we pay 900 for them in AUS, not sure if its 900 in NZ or what the go is.

i think clearancing will be all,you will have to have a decent search on the hydraulic lifters in the head.

as i said before, depending, some people have issues at over 350rwkw,i think larger cams may impact also? dont quote me on it though.

in the below thread are all the RB cam specs

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/post-a282987-

I found the NZ version, it's $1200 nz...darn you auzzies and your exchange rate etc lol

will have a look into the lifters and see what I can find out, short on time atm haven't looked yet

Really depends where you want to make the power, my mate has 280' 10.5mm cams in his 25DET/30+T04Z, it's a bit laggy but fkn screams to 8000+, oh and sounds awesome :)

I'm sticking with the DE cam for now as they made decent power in the last 30 setup, 365rwkw @ 21psi through a pair of 2540s (bad), stock throttlebody/plenum (RB20), and I'd prefer the lower down from the shorter duration, I'm not bolting a HUGE turbo (GT35R) on so small cams and keeping the rev limit sensible (7500ish depending on when it stops making power) is the name of the game for me.

Haha I checked out a few videos of t04z + worked cam rb's and they do sound f***ing AMAZING! lol

More looking for midrange power than huge lag tho...do you think the Kelford 272's 9.35 or the 262 9.3 would still respond pretty well without lagging like a freight train?

Already have a 25 head to use haha

plus over here at least 26 heads are ridiculous prices, waaay more than doing a solid lifter conversion anyway lol (seen a bare rb26 head, ie no valves valve springs cams or cam gears going for near $1800 lol), and since i'm gonna have the 25 head apart to be reconditioned anyway...

which brands make a good solid lifter kit for rb's?

Already have a 25 head to use haha

plus over here at least 26 heads are ridiculous prices, waaay more than doing a solid lifter conversion anyway lol (seen a bare rb26 head, ie no valves valve springs cams or cam gears going for near $1800 lol), and since i'm gonna have the 25 head apart to be reconditioned anyway...

which brands make a good solid lifter kit for rb's?

Just waiting on my solid lifter conversion kit to arrive.

Its a supertec setup that includes oversize inlet and exhaust valves, Solid lifters, dual valve springs, Retainers.

Dan at ERD organised it for me. Website below

http://www.erd.com.au/

I found the NZ version, it's $1200 nz...darn you auzzies and your exchange rate etc lol

will have a look into the lifters and see what I can find out, short on time atm haven't looked yet

Haha I checked out a few videos of t04z + worked cam rb's and they do sound f***ing AMAZING! lol

More looking for midrange power than huge lag tho...do you think the Kelford 272's 9.35 or the 262 9.3 would still respond pretty well without lagging like a freight train?

I'd go for something around 260' in the biggest lift you can get (that will still fit your head).

Its a supertec setup that includes oversize inlet and exhaust valves, Solid lifters, dual valve springs, Retainers.

Awesome, if you don't mind my askin how much did it sting you? PM me if you want.

Let me know how it works out for ya and how easy it is to install

I'd go for something around 260' in the biggest lift you can get (that will still fit your head).

Sounds good lol, now I don't know much bout cams so forgive me if this is a stupid question, if I go ahead with the solid lifter conversion will this affect how much lift there'll be in the head?

Just out of interest what did that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Sounds good lol, now I don't know much bout cams so forgive me if this is a stupid question, if I go ahead with the solid lifter conversion will this affect how much lift there'll be in the head?

If you get cams to suit hydraulic lifters, and then do a solid lifter conversion, it will run like crap as the ramp rates (time for starting to open to full open, vice versa for closed) are different for hydraulic and solid lifters.

I think you only need solids if revving high as the hydraulics get to a point where they can no longer pump up in time before the next cycle.

Just out of interest what did that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

around the 2500 mark mate. The conversion allows you a much more aggressive camshaft setup. (higher lift and more duration etc) Plus its way lighter than a hydro setup.

Okay, so basically if I do get the solid lifters get cams to suit that not hydraulic lifters lol.

Still a bit undecided as to whether I really need solids?

Okay, probably won't really be needed then, I'm only really planning to rev limit it at about 8000-8250 or so, so the hydraulic lifters will be able to handle that correct?

For this engine I'm planning to get an internal lift pump surge tank and two Bosch 044 pumps for the surge tank to engine, but I'm just after an idea for the actual surge tank and lift pump...what size surge tank would I need? What brands have you guys use and found good? And what kind of in tank lift pump would I need? As above engine setup will be RB30det with t04z aiming for 500rwhp

Hey

my setup is still in the process of being sourced / built

but as for surge tank, I'm using a 3L tank to 2 x 044 externals, walbro feed pump, 6 x 1000cc injectors

on a 26/30 with gt3076r 0.82 on E85... hoping for around 350rwkw...

:)

Hey

my setup is still in the process of being sourced / built

but as for surge tank, I'm using a 3L tank to 2 x 044 externals, walbro feed pump, 6 x 1000cc injectors

on a 26/30 with gt3076r 0.82 on E85... hoping for around 350rwkw...

:)

Awesome, the 044's seem to be popular in most of the magazine articals I've seen just none of them list the size of the surge tank or lift pump lol. What sort of walbro lift pump are you looking at?

Wish e85 was commonly available over here...tho to be fair Im gonna be using mine on the street mostly so probably not practical lol...but still. lol

pretty sure there is a thread for the fuel systems here somewhere,

a stock in tank pump is fine for the lift pump 2-4l seems to be the go for tanks,

make it a round one, as they are meant to swirl the fuel so no air gets in there.

Okay, probably won't really be needed then, I'm only really planning to rev limit it at about 8000-8250 or so, so the hydraulic lifters will be able to handle that correct?

Not sure at 8000rpm.. I'm going to suck it and see how they go.

For this engine I'm planning to get an internal lift pump surge tank and two Bosch 044 pumps for the surge tank to engine, but I'm just after an idea for the actual surge tank and lift pump...what size surge tank would I need? What brands have you guys use and found good? And what kind of in tank lift pump would I need? As above engine setup will be RB30det with t04z aiming for 500rwhp

That's pretty overkill.. the 3L+T04Z I mentioned earlier is only running 1x 044 intank.

I asked my tuner a while ago whether I should run a surge tank and he said don't bother, they mounted an 044 nice and low in the tank for me and assured me that it would do the job as that's how they run all their drift cars. It went from surging if under half a tank when throwing 'nuts, to being able to whip 'nuts with no surging under 1/4 of a tank.

I'm only shooting for 500rwhp but I've got 1000cc injectors so IF we ever get E85 over here, I should only need to upgrade the pump setup.

pretty sure there is a thread for the fuel systems here somewhere,

a stock in tank pump is fine for the lift pump 2-4l seems to be the go for tanks,

make it a round one, as they are meant to swirl the fuel so no air gets in there.

Awesome thanks man! Is this another get one custom made sorta thing or are they fairly commonly available?