SAU Community

Defected :/

So im driving along the princess hwy about 10pm tonight near sutherland where the two roads form into one just before you come to the old tram line. These loosers come up behind me i saw them so i maintained about 80-85kms in a 80km zone. They followed me for about a km then sirens.

I pulled over the offer says . Your being recorded and video . You have been pulled over for a random breath test have you had anything to drive. No count to ten blah blah . So i count and he asks for my licence.

Now he shines the touch on my dash and says whats that ? I have HUD deflin whatever it is and when the car stands for 10 seconds it flashes a blue light along the control box. You cant have a blue light coming off your dash thats in personating police. I said its only like that when im standing still for 20 seconds once i drive it goes off. No it doesnt thats the reason why i pulled you over . I say you said you pulled me over for random breath test. No that is one of the reason the MAIN reason was the blue light coming from your car. Is that standard he asks ? yes came with the car its an overseas car from japan.

Anyways to make it shorter the other officer gets out starts looking with the touch in the car and says this car has to go for engineers certificate you cant drive it switch it off ans step out of the car.

Now i get out and the neons under the car turn on when i open the door. Amazing they didnt see it. So we go to the rear of the car and they start telling me about grey imports . One officer wants me badly the other sergant trying to explain it to me. And gives me an option Either you switch that unit off or your car isnt going on the road and will need to be cleared by engineer.

So i go inside play around without opening the door because i know the neons will turn on and come back and say , can i just cover it util i get home and then can disconnect it properly. The nasty ones laughs and the sergant says because you live around the corner you can go and make sure you disconnect it.

The other officer says all this is been recorded if we catch you again with it your going to get a engineers certifcate. Now again how to enter the car so i figure wait until they leave i open the boot play around , these guys arent moving . No choice have to get in the car so i drive away they follow me . They come next to me i covered the HUD with my t shirt and they drive off. What loosers.

he pulled you over becuse of your spelling and punctuation lol

but seriously, what do you expect? you drive a jap import skyline? im gonne guess its got a few mods and maybe wheels. that only makes you stand out!

youre going to have to deal with it. just dont act like a dick (im not saying you did) and they will probably just leave you alone.

so does your car flash the blue light when ur idling for more than 10secs???

My car has a blue flashing led...but it doesn't go off at all unless I turn the car off and activate the immobiliser?

maybe a good idea to bring it to an electrician and just make sure they have the stuff wired correctly, because if you're idling and it starts flashing...then that is illegal and the cop had all the right to pull u over and defect ur car.

most cops are decent ppl and only tend to give u a hard time if you try to become a smart ar5e and get lippy.

I do wish there'd be some parity in what the police do.

To be constructive, I believe that they should check over more rust-buckets, bald tyred cars, cars with fishy number plate covers, lack of rear number plate lighting, yaddayadda.

They could even co-ordinate with the dog squad to bring dogs into the HP and let the doggies smell drugs in cars > whack the dealers!

But hey, a good idea is too much commonsense for bureaucracy :)

+1 ^

yeh im sick of seeing rust bucket VN wagons literally scraping the road and falling to bits with fkn drunken skips in them without being touched by a cop... no offence to you skips :) but the cops have really gota stop looking at the wrong people im more than 100% the average skyline owner has become more matured in the last year or so i barely see idiots driving them these days.... maby only a couple....

+1 ^

yeh im sick of seeing rust bucket VN wagons literally scraping the road and falling to bits with fkn drunken skips in them without being touched by a cop... no offence to you skips :P but the cops have really gota stop looking at the wrong people im more than 100% the average skyline owner has become more matured in the last year or so i barely see idiots driving them these days.... maby only a couple....

Main problem is they see the rust buckets and think they dont have any money.

Then they see our nice cars and think pay day.

The big problem is that State Governments bank on revenue raised by the police force

and I know here in QLD its 17% of the yearly budget.

So thats money the Government banks on and dont have .

Thats where the boys in blue come into play ,got to get that money into the coffers

or the budget falls on all things in the Police Force.

So the vicious circle continues :)

Main problem is they see the rust buckets and think they dont have any money.

Then they see our nice cars and think pay day.

The big problem is that State Governments bank on revenue raised by the police force

and I know here in QLD its 17% of the yearly budget.

So thats money the Government banks on and dont have .

Thats where the boys in blue come into play ,got to get that money into the coffers

or the budget falls on all things in the Police Force.

So the vicious circle continues :)

Hmmm... but I'd hate for our police to get as corrupt as what they are in other countries what with paybacks etc.

Even within the police here now, the straight Ds & drug squad comrades come across opportunities/temptations quite often to cross the line.

so does your car flash the blue light when ur idling for more than 10secs???

My car has a blue flashing led...but it doesn't go off at all unless I turn the car off and activate the immobiliser?

maybe a good idea to bring it to an electrician and just make sure they have the stuff wired correctly, because if you're idling and it starts flashing...then that is illegal and the cop had all the right to pull u over and defect ur car.

most cops are decent ppl and only tend to give u a hard time if you try to become a smart ar5e and get lippy.

Yes it does flash and slide along the dash if the car is stationary. But i was driving when i went pass them and it doesnt flash . And i wasnt being a smart as i was just telling them that it doesnt do that , and my car has been complied .

I do wish there'd be some parity in what the police do.

To be constructive, I believe that they should check over more rust-buckets, bald tyred cars, cars with fishy number plate covers, lack of rear number plate lighting, yaddayadda.

They could even co-ordinate with the dog squad to bring dogs into the HP and let the doggies smell drugs in cars > whack the dealers!

But hey, a good idea is too much commonsense for bureaucracy :thumbsup:

I agree there are people out there drunk to high heaven and im coming home from a day with the family and they harrass me .

he shoulda got you for bad taste cos you run neons.

but yeah, sounds like a regular check for sydney. they're right though, you can't have flashing blue or red lights in your cabin area while driving.

I dont run neons . When i picked the car up from the docks i saw there were there when i opened the doors. They dont work when im driving only briefly when i enter the car.

Again it doesnt flash when im driving only stationary. Its a neon blue not a police blue

hmmm..... police is always useless... they just know how to RBT. I've got my place broken into a year ago... I've call the police but they appears about 4 hours later... then... nothing heard about that LOL.

No offense, but you should have just played the "dumb girl" card and pretend that you have no idea what anything in the car does. Male cops are natural misogynists, but this time you can make it work for you.

hmmm..... police is always useless... they just know how to RBT. I've got my place broken into a year ago... I've call the police but they appears about 4 hours later... then... nothing heard about that LOL.

Agreed: we had a 1.5hr drive back from a party in the wee hours of Sunday morning: following a ute, when it started swerving all over the road: across 2-3 lanes, then slowing to 70km, then a(accelerating hard up to 120-130kph... We stuck with him and called the cops, letting them know that the guy was going to kill himself or somebody else (he'd already nearly hit 3 other cars by this stage). They assured us a patrol car would be on the way as a priority, so we left our contact details so they could keep track of where we were, and continued to follow from a distance...

Long story short(ish), over 40 mins later he took an exit nearly crashing into the barrier, and we heard NOTHING from the authorities. Absolutely useless.

It was 1.30am at this stage: how busy could they have been? I guess noise complaints for parties etc are more important than actual life-threatening situations. Very bad form.