SAU Community

Imported V35 Owner Questions

Hey,

I'm thinking about importing V35 2 door manual coupe after finally getting to the point I can justify a decent car. Im pretty torn at the moment between the V35 and a Liberty GT.

Who am I kidding, I want the V35, its just hot. I've check out more threads than I can remeber on them mainly about the car but I've still got a few worries related more to owning them.

1. Do you find they attract cops as much as R32-R34's do? Most of the discussion's dont really mention the V35.

2. What are the chances of ever getting decent price for trade in/private sale? Ive been watching carsales but I dont see many V35's disappearing. I also tried to ring dealers and ask for a trade in price but it was either no or "bring it in and i'll try see if we can help", not even a ballpark figure.

3. Any opinions on how far the value will drop once more V36's start landing here?

Um, some details to hopefully anwser any questions before they need to be. I'm 28, dont drive like an idiot, looking to mod either of them fairly mildy for performance (no bodykits, no canons, no huge rims) to try and keep them low key. Reason those 2 are last on my list are not to bad on petrol, decent engines, decent looking, insurance isnt a killer (though the skyline would need to be justcars which has me a little :-/ ) and the price is right (bang for buck).

So yeah, any help would be great.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey,

I'm thinking about importing V35 2 door manual coupe after finally getting to the point I can justify a decent car. Im pretty torn at the moment between the V35 and a Liberty GT.

Who am I kidding, I want the V35, its just hot. I've check out more threads than I can remeber on them mainly about the car but I've still got a few worries related more to owning them.

1. Do you find they attract cops as much as R32-R34's do? Most of the discussion's dont really mention the V35.

2. What are the chances of ever getting decent price for trade in/private sale? Ive been watching carsales but I dont see many V35's disappearing. I also tried to ring dealers and ask for a trade in price but it was either no or "bring it in and i'll try see if we can help", not even a ballpark figure.

3. Any opinions on how far the value will drop once more V36's start landing here?

Um, some details to hopefully anwser any questions before they need to be. I'm 28, dont drive like an idiot, looking to mod either of them fairly mildy for performance (no bodykits, no canons, no huge rims) to try and keep them low key. Reason those 2 are last on my list are not to bad on petrol, decent engines, decent looking, insurance isnt a killer (though the skyline would need to be justcars which has me a little :-/ ) and the price is right (bang for buck).

So yeah, any help would be great.

In regards to police , if you leave it standard im sure they wont bother you. With insurance i went with lumley's paying around $1000.

Mods k&n fliter , z-tube and the motordyne spacer. Exhaust. Fuel is really good i always use v-power getting about 600kms per tank driving moderate.

With the re-sale value depending on what you pay for it but its a really stand out car i think they will hold their value really well. People ask me what i paid for my car and they are surprised so cheap. I have a 03 manual silver coupe.

yeah insurance aint bad for what its worth though for me it was a bit wen i first got the car (i was 19 and saved up all those pretty pennies XD)... but maintenance/upkeep of the vehicle is a bit up there imo.... doesnt attract cops but its all in the way u drive it mostly... it shud hold it's value fairly well as its an import and comparible to the 350z. hope that helps, i have a 03' tiptronic blue v35 coupe

Edited by Will Power

Yep

:) Time to start building a list.

Justcars have a pretty decent price, $1000 with modifications vs $1400+ from nrma/shannons (All between $400-$600 excess). Tossing up if your choice of repairer is worth the $400 extra, leaning towards yes.

How do you guys get 600km per tank? Granted, I have the 5-speed auto and not the manual, but I only get like 5-8km/l. I can only get 600km per tank (approx 10km/l) on 100% highway driving.

PS. I got mine through a private seller on carsales. Been working flawlessly ever since, fortunately.

Edited by siglapian

How do you guys get 600km per tank? Granted, I have the 5-speed auto and not the manual, but I only get like 5-8km/l. I can only get 600km per tank (approx 10km/l) on 100% highway driving.

PS. I got mine through a private seller on carsales. Been working flawlessly ever since, fortunately.

Dude, must be something wrong.

when i had my auto i got over 800k's on highway only.

I was heading down the coast and reset the trip computer when i started on the highway. After 200k's it moved just off the full level and said over 600 and something k's left. That includes a few towns on the way where you drop to 50km/h and some up hill twisties.

so 600 on highway seems very low.

Just curious, where did you guys get your V35 from? dealers or import on your own? I'm in the market for one too but it's so hard to find one that hasn't had its odometer wound back.

Import. Cheaper, but takes a long time and you have to hand over your money and wait :(

*No cop attention

*Great on fuel get around 600kms

*Insurance isnt too bad

You cant go wrong with a v35 i say go for it :cool:

how can you guys get 600kms???

I've got a 03 coupe.auto. max 350 or370/tank

v power. everyday city driving.

so that means you guys get on average about ~7l/100km per almost a full tank? I always thought being an n/a it would be a bit better on fuel. Maybe 9l/100km or so.