SAU Community

Engineeeeeeeeeer

pism

Oh ok, cheers for that. A lot of UWA engineers are pretty naff I find (I go to UWA, but spent a semester at Curtin earlier on) but I also thought that I got babied quite a large amount at Curtin when I was there. Certainly I have to work a lot harder at uwa, and having handed in literally exactly the same project at each uni (I didn't get credited for a project unit and had to do exactly the same project twice) I had a high distinction at Curtin and an average pass at Uwa. That said, a good friend of mine from Uwa argued once for hours that cars wouldn't possibly have fuses in them for any of the appliances.... :banana:

I imagine that Uwa's more make or break, either you'd be really good, or terrible at the end, Curtin a bit more solid. That said, I can't imagine that it would make much difference after a while would it?

I'm involved in the hiring of other Engineers for our group at work, and I can say with 100% certainty that we don't even look at which Uni you come from, it's all about experience and how well you come across in the interview. We've even hired people from Edith Cowan :ermm:

Quote] That said, I can't imagine that it would make much difference after a while would it? [unquote]

Hey Tim, I've worked with engineers of many disciplines (electrical, mechanical, chemical, process, corrosion, computor, metallurgy) for f#$kn years in many different industries. Over that time the only people who actually give a flying f!@k about where they went/got educated is/was themselves. All we sorry-arsed plebs cared about was if they were any good at their job or just plain d~!kheads. :banana:

Cheers & good luck with your chosen career, whatever it turns out to be.

GW

I'm involved in the hiring of other Engineers for our group at work, and I can say with 100% certainty that we don't even look at which Uni you come from, it's all about experience and how well you come across in the interview. We've even hired people from Edith Cowan :D

That is exactly what I was referring to, experience is everything hence the reason why many old school engineers are there even without a degree. Lol, I've worked with someone that couldn't even speak english and had to have a translator during meetings because he was from peru (spanish). Damn was he good at his job though.

My reference was made specifically towards graduates, which timothy will be once he's finished his engineering degree. At this stage of one's career, experience doesn't count for much since it would be minimal anyway. Just make sure you get into a reputable company and good references from important people during your vac work.

Which uni you went to after that, or even if you haven't been to one doesn't matter if you are adequate for the job.

Only people that need to feel self-important (i.e. engineers :P)

lol jks, just ribbing Paul, because without engineers, my life would be a lot simpler! :)

Only people that need to feel self-important (i.e. engineers :P)

lol jks, just ribbing Paul, because without engineers, my life would be a lot simpler! :)

lol, not just your life I think. Imagine if we are still making do with friggin candles and horse carriage.. no more stop light warriors though..

ahaha, "my horse done a 1 minute 30 down the quarter with new horse shoes and an implanted wang!!"

ide use a dog sled to be diffrent like rotor guys keep going on about the wankel n there better lol , i like rotorys tho ive had 2 ^_^

ide use a dog sled to be diffrent like rotor guys keep going on about the wankel n there better lol , i like rotorys tho ive had 2 ^_^

so you finally reliased they suck and turned towards an RB power plant? :)

lulz

Dogs for drifting, horses for offroading...

Is there an all wheel drive animal with a low centre of gravity? more like a GTR? you know.. mainly rear wheel drive but will kick its' front legs in when it needs the extra traction?

Dogs are better for drift because they are rear wheel drive and have better weight distribution than horses which are all wheel drive and have a high centre of gravity.

You've obviously never had the joy of watching European horse drifting then!