SAU Community

Dead Space 2

EeLeYe

Visceral Games have finally started hinting out some "useful" info on the upcoming classic horror game. They've even released a trailer which briefly explains what the next game will be about... Unfortunately all the captions in this trailer are in the alien text but not to worry, IGN have translated it for us anyway :)

http://deadspace.ea.com/en_US/home <<The official website

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1086773p1.html <<IGN's translation page

From what I've read, the story begins with Issac is in a mental institute (I'm sure anyone who went through what he did will eventually wind up in the crackhouse anyway). Noone believes his stories... until of course the inevitable arrival of the necromorphs.

As any sequel to a videogame, there will be new weapons and improvements in the graphics/physics as well as a more controllable zeroG-jump (player can supposedly now move sideways/fly during the jump instead of just the one direction). The story will also go into more detail about the history of the Unitology and that damned marker.

One thing to note is that Issac actually has a voice in this one - and his suit looks way cooler/more badass.

I can't wait for this, I loved the first one as it always put you into constant suspense and that's what horror classified games should contain.

I guess the suit design was probably because Issac being an engineer and not some combat marine.

Found this gamespot interview with the executive producer of Dead Space 2. He explains some more changes they're doing with the game. You also see a couple of screenshots too. Looks like some of the original enemies are back in it, as well as the good ol' plasma cutter.

http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/dead...ies%3Btitle%3B1

• 4 weeks later...

A new gameplay trailer was released on Gametrailers. Seems like they've advanced the gaming engine a fair bit...

An actual trailer will be released tomorrow. I'll post it as soon as I see it :)

A more detailed gameplay trailer. I know you'll enjoy this Nathan.

Check out the Javelin. It pins the necro into the wall (roughly 2:15 into the clip). It also shows the city that Issac will go through - looks fkn EPIC.

btw, there's a part 2 to this clip on its way within the next couple of days.

That seems to be the case for all games recently.

GT5 will be out before then. I don't think I'll be getting bored of that game anytime soon after its release.

• 2 weeks later...

First one was brief as it didnt tell you much until you were pretty far into the game to actually realise exactly what the hell was going on.

Nevertheless, an awesome game especially when you play it late at night locked in your room, lights off, surround sound on loud...man that keeps the adrenaline pumping through your body the whole time.

First one was brief as it didnt tell you much until you were pretty far into the game to actually realise exactly what the hell was going on.

Nevertheless, an awesome game especially when you play it late at night locked in your room, lights off, surround sound on loud...man that keeps the adrenaline pumping through your body the whole time.

+1

Playing it this is the way to get the most enjoyment out of the game. If you only have a small TV with no surround sound, you may as well play resident evil.

It's one of those games where you'd shit you fkn pants if you were actually stuck in that situation... That being said, if I were Issac, I'd upgrade my suit and stay inside the upgrade hatch. F**k going back out.

I'd hate to be him in the second game having already gone through all the shit he went through in the first one. STUFF THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like this game that is so horrible one. I like its all characters as specially Isaac Clarke which is the main character and silent protagonist of this game. Nicole Brennan,Isaac's girl friend is also a wonderful character. The graphics and animations are too entertaining of this game.

• 2 weeks later...

This video explains EVERYTHING in the game. From hearing Issac's voice to showing many of the new mini-game features and upgrades available.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay Dead Space 2 is now available for preorder through EB games $98. (Gamestop US has it for only $58 USD)

This being said, a collector's edition will also be available although I don't know how much (Gamestop US is selling it for $78 USD). It will contain a replica plasma cutter (why not a real one??), a soundtrack, an animation cell and obviously exclusive downloadable content.

dead-space-2-ce.jpg

http://www.1up.com/news/dead-space-2-collector-edition

• 1 month later...