SAU Community

Garrett GT3040.

RB GUN

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got got told this too MRPREZ - when my std internals motor was running a high flow RB25 Turbo...... 230 rwkw at the wheels, the tuner said the spark was blowing out. Now running 323 rwkw with forged internals and HKS 3040 - With the same coil packs...... so there.

Some people are dodgy man.....

RNS11Z,

The ol' RB20 is lacking spooling power hence why I have built up a RB30DET, All up its cost me $5500 for the motor/head.

My RB20t makes 1.1bar by ~3500rpm with the stock turbo. Too laggy for big power applications.

Im dont believe that either, so guys.. wen i get the RB25 block ill put all the setup on my existing motor and run it. if it needs the booster then i might gatta put it on if not i dont think if it is necessary to get one. that is my goal to get around 500 rwhp on my R32 ;)

To be honest to you guys.. i am annoyed by WRXs and all those types of JAP CRAPS :D

I want to EXECUTE THEM ALL by the 2nd GEAR :Bang:

--- Babak ---

Im dont believe that either, so guys.. wen i get the RB25 block ill put all the setup on my existing motor and run it. if it needs the booster then i might gatta put it on if not i dont think if it is necessary to get one. that is my goal to get around 500 rwhp on my R32 ;)  

To be honest to you guys.. i am annoyed by WRXs and all those types of JAP CRAPS  :D  

I want to EXECUTE THEM ALL by the 2nd GEAR   :Bang:  

--- Babak ---

hahaha 500 rwhp on the street, you'll be spinning that bad you'd be lucky to beat a 6 year old girl on a push bike by 2nd gear let alone anything else, honestly do you know what a 500rwhp car feels like?

you only have 288rwhp and you should be wheelspinning all through 2nd.. i had 240rwhp and had EXTREAM trouble in second.. mind you it was on 205 15s.. but still.. 500rwhp is WAY WAY too much.. a stock car would be quicker.. in some aspects.

I know guys.. but you know wat i mean??? :D but anyhow i think 500rwhp would be fun ... ;) and hazardus... so thats my future plan im very happy with wat i have now,... soon ill take the car down to the drag way and give it a run see how she goes.. my goal is 12s. so lest hope for some traction. as a mater of fact this is not my 1st time ive been on the track and the best time i had was 14.4 @ 96 mph. so i should be getting low 13s and high 12s.

Cheers

--- Babak ---

Good luck at the track MRPREZ! You never know, if you really wanted 500rw and could make the power band smoothly peak out at 500rw @ 8000rpm (possible with a RB20 due to small displacement)... with some tall gearing, it may be useable. Otherwise, if wheel spin is still a problem, you do have one good setup to make some beautiful tire roasting sideways action points at a drift event! Always looking for the half full you know...

Good luck at the track MRPREZ!  You never know, if you really wanted 500rw and could make the power band smoothly peak out at 500rw @ 8000rpm (possible with a RB20 due to small displacement)... with some tall gearing, it may be useable.  Otherwise, if wheel spin is still a problem, you do have one good setup to make some beautiful tire roasting sideways action points at a drift event!  Always looking for the half full you know...

RBsileighty --- Pal i dont wanna get 500rwhp with my RB20, u misunderestood dude :D im ganna get an RB25 then start from there... coz i need bit of tourque too u know. its true the RB20 has greater potentian than RB25 or 26s' but i wont go for it, to be honest with u i was thinking to get the power outa my RB20 so i can achive the fastest RB20 R32 in australia :) but now im thinking fastest R32 GTS-t or fastest GTS skyline in Australia. :)

everyone gatta dream which might come true.

Cheers

--- Babak ---

MRPREZ,

Get your self that R32 RB25DE motor slap the GTR Rods & Crank in to it with a set of forged 87mm pistons claim its an RB20DET (can't tell from looking at it) and you will have the fastest RB20DET R32 GTS-T. :D

Going by the map of a GT30R, which shouldn't be extremely far off from the 3040 he is using (correct?), he's making the right amount of power for that kind of boost.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/maps/gt30r.htm

Looks like he is really going to have to "turn up the boost" to make that puppy put out some higher numbers, going by that chart.  These are only my assumptions, so those with more experiance please chime in on this one.

Congrats on getting the car back!  So is there any boost before 4100?  Is it gradual or rdoes it rocket up from 4000-4100?  Sweet car bud!

RBsileighty,

fyi, the compressor map which u referred to is actually for the smaller GT30 compressor wheel in the 500hp core.

the 600hp GT30 compressor is way bigger than this one and can flow heaps more.

btw, it's a good website with heaps of good info.

RBsileighty,

fyi, the compressor map which u referred to is actually for the smaller GT30 compressor wheel in the 500hp core.

the 600hp GT30 compressor is way bigger than this one and can flow heaps more.

btw, it's a good website with heaps of good info.

Thanks for the clarification, as I am not very familiar with what is involved in a GT3040. That site has been very helpful, and they were very quick in replying to my emails about their products.

After speaking with Sydneykid and doing some research, I think I will be going with that GT30R with the 500hp rating and .60 AR turbine.

no probs dude.

that's actually the same core that was recommended to me, but since my GT3040 came up as a good deal, i thought i'd go for it, so we'll see how she goes.

i have been informed that we'll be going with the A/R .63 exhaust housing so we'll see how things go.

thanks.

it's actually going on a Sierra Cosworth RS500 which is a short stroke, large bore 2L.

other mods include;

* Autronic SMC, 4x550cc 13b injectors (and 4x270cc injectors on secondary fuel rail), 45mm turbosmart ext. w/gate, full 3" exhaust system, factory forged pistons, s/steel h/gasket, ARP head stud kit, std cams, std bosch hi-volume fuel pump, catch can, etc.

it has made 221rwkw before with a bush-bearing Garrett 60-1 turbo on 16-17psi, but i wanted to try out the new Garrett GT range, hence the fitment of my GT30.

If it's not better than the bush-bearing turbo (mid-range torque, response and air-flow), then the 60-1 is going back on with more boost.

RS500--- WOW dude, good luck with her, u got good mods in that thing, i rekon ull get around 240+ rwkw. good luck again and let me know how she went. wen is it ganna be readdy by?

Cheers

--- Babak ---

Joel,

it should be able to flow an efficient ~50lbs/min worth of air, which would be good enough for about ~500bhp.

http://www.turbofast.com.au/FlowTO4B.html

MrPrez,

thanks dude, i'll keep my fingers crossed as ~240rwkw is what i'm after at about 17-18psi.

the turbo is on the car atm, the dump pipe flange should be done today and hopefully tuned tomorrow so i'll update this thread when she's ready.

to be honest, i'm a bit sceptical about the A/R .63 being a little on the small side as the compressor wheel is pretty big on the GT3040. i guess we'll find out tomorrow.