SAU Community

Need To Borrow Stock R33 Exhaust

SKEET

hey guys

I just got my notice in the mail to get my car tested for exhaust noise. So i was wondering if some1 have a stock exhaust that i coud borrow just to get pass the test. I live around the western suburbs. Would be happy to leave a deposit if needed. common guys help a brother out :(

hey guys thx for the offers

Roh.. thx but i think geelong is a bit too far will let u know if i get desperate

Geraus.. u have PM

anyone els in western suburbs ... near werribee ..plz let me kwno

Thx guys

Okay I've decided to play it safe with the EPA test and use a standard exhaust system if I can get hold of one. Need to borrow a stocker R33 GTS-T exhaust - anyone close to the Eastern suburbs?

Alex kindly offered me his, but if I can find anything closerit'll save me crossing the westgate for it...need to pickup on the weekend, preferably Saturday.

Sixer of beer / deposit / use my hoist for a day :blink:

Cheers.

I'm about to steal a stock exhaust from geraus so you can borrow it from me once I take ownership of it...

lol j/k, I plan on returning it to geraus this Sunday (test is on Friday). So I guess arrange with geraus after that...unless you want to pick it up directly from me, save me taking it back to geraus?

I'm about to steal a stock exhaust from geraus so you can borrow it from me once I take ownership of it...

lol j/k, I plan on returning it to geraus this Sunday (test is on Friday). So I guess arrange with geraus after that...unless you want to pick it up directly from me, save me taking it back to geraus?

hey guys i just realised urs is a stock gtst. I dont think it can go on my gtr.

Thanks anyway guys.

Standard GTR exhaust is approx 94 decibels I've heard! Legal limit is 90 across the board for cars I thought, but for a GTS-T that's measured at 4800 rpm. RB26DETT might be measured for 90 at less RPM.

the test is 75% of peak rpm i think thats how its calculated anyway? so i dont think gtr has much chance at all.

maybe ask some gtr owners what they have done to pass

So ridiculous. Who cruises along at 75% peak RPM? Probably spend 2 seconds of time there, when overtaking a car during busy traffic when passing traffic noise is going to be louder than one car's exhaust? Really would like to punch out whoever came up with the regulations and rationale for them, and not because I got EPA'd, but because they're just a dumber than dumb f***.

sorry to hi-jack thread... i got epa in mail today too. will stock exhaust with aftermarket front/dump be sufficient to pass? or do i have to remove whole lot and put to stock...