SAU Community

Questions about buying a 33 GTS-t

I think your better scouting out a really good private vehicle.

Both the Canberra Import dealers mentioned mark up the cars something shocking.

Also, i've had friends speak bad of them, and that warranty is worth almost nothing.

Something went wrong with his car, Turbo i think, and they told him they won't cover it because he didn't use premium fuel. Even though he did...i dunno, i'd steer well clear of dealers.

I looked around, knew what i was after and how much to pay roughly, and found a really nice example in Sydney. Drove up, took a look, came back, got my cash together, went back the next weekend and bought it.

I see where your parents are coming from, with the Warranty though. Mine are the same.

Prestige are great, i've heard so many good stories come from customers of theirs, and i've talked to Geoff a few times, and he was nothing but helpful.

Oh yeah, and Go Canberra! Best place to own a car! :mad: Great roads, no traffic, and little theft :)

re Evo - I thought that as I had bagged out F&F so much that I didn't need to get started on Evo - LOL---

Brian Hall Autos in Philip often have Skylines if you want another dealership to look at - that being said although the cars are in EXCELLENT condition they are VERY stock and expensive -

Yeah - try the Trading Post - that is where I found mine......

Seen a few threads around on car prices lately.... Skylines in Canberra seem to be a bit more expensive than other cities??? It's not like there aren't any around either.. MMmm

Yeah, Brian Hall is ok...but again the problem of prices. They had a burgandy R33 93' GTS-T manual for about $23k which was kinda steep...i think they've sold it now tho? Links below...

R33 GTS-T

Still, i've talked to the guy who works there, Roy Smith...excellent service from him. Knew he wasn't going to get a sale off us but was quite happy to have a chat with us.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=30906

- Late 96' Series II Skyline GTS-T

- 5 Speed Manual

- Silver in colour

- Rego. till 2004 Dec.

- 67000Km

- ABS / Dual airbags

- Sunroof

- Quiktrak alarm system

- Tein HA adjustable suspensions

- Kakimoto exhaust system

- Deep dish style rims

- Sports moulded seats

- Aftermarket sound system

- HKS boost guage

- Blitz turbo timer

$22500.

in sydney

Once again, don't buy an imported car from a dealer :D

They just add 5k on top of the cars price. Private sale that 1993 model would go for 16k tops. And they'll let you negotiate them down to 20k so you think you got a good deal

Yepp, Canberra import car prices are a joke.

You guys in Vic, QLD, and WA have it good I tell ya.....

I think there are only 3 or 4 places in Canberra that sells import cars like Skylines, so they seem to think that they have you by the balls.

I bought mine secondhand privately and had no problems.

One thing is just don't be in a rush to buy one.

I looked at about 20 cars and test drove about 5 before I got mine. Something will come up that's exactly what your after.

J

LOL, believe me i'm not rushing. Won't be able to drive the car till late November of this year anyways, so i'm taking my time and trying to find out what's on offer. I like the looks of that SII for 22,500 up there, might have a look on the forums for other 'lines nearby. I don't really want to go much further than Sydney to get the car...

LOL, believe me i'm not rushing. Won't be able to drive the car till late November of this year anyways, so i'm taking my time and trying to find out what's on offer. I like the looks of that SII for 22,500 up there, might have a look on the forums for other 'lines nearby. I don't really want to go much further than Sydney to get the car...

Yepp, that's a good call.

Do you a bit of reasearch while your waiting and then come Nov you can go crazy :D

J

No probs. Post what car/specs you find and how much, advice we can provide :)

Yeah the series II has a few fixes and updates. There's a thread somewhere around regarding Series I vs Series II, you should check it out.

I've already checked out the thread. Must say i prefer the looks of the series 2...*drools* but with an aftermarket bodykit even the series 1 models can look damn fine.

One of the members here has offered to sell his car to me for $20k, 1995 GTS-t, $2k stereo, and some nice extra goodies...will definately consider it but it's really gonna be a matter of timing, cause i'm not in a position to buy now. First we have to get that damn Barina sold and get rid of some shares we have... :)

yea p1r4t8r don't worry bud hehe i am in the same boat maybe i can take you up to sydney when i go up looking at cars hehe only i get first choice over you :)... na seriously i am looking for a skyline at the moment however havent seen the right one come up well not in my $$$ range... yea i am after a SII GTS-T with under 60k on the clock would prefer stockish but yea a zorst i wouldnt mind i have decided i will put a body kit on it later hehe never been much for body kits but hey they look very sweet when done up correctly :D anyways if anyone see's anything come up can you pm me too hehe i am from canberra too... OH on that note also F&F complete ****s... went in their and was keen on one for a test drive to at least see what it was like so i asked for a test drive and he said do you have the money now and i was like in a month or two i will and he basically shut down then when he knew he didnt have a sale... COMPLETE ****S (excuse the language) went to EVO to test drive one of theirs and even told them i wouldnt be keen to buy for a month or two and they were fine let me test drive a stock S1 GTS-T with BOV (lol not getting a venting on after this effort) and yea they were generally nice to me but i would never buy one from them :)

Yeah...had a talk to my parents about it... private sale seems the go, but i was told by Brian Hall that you have to watch the plates of an import? I don't have much knowledge about this, but it was something about having the rego changed over for an import car outside the state you live in...is this a problem? As in changing VIC rego to ACT? How much does this cost? anyone know? or am i just talking crap?