SAU Community

Rb25det Into R32

Jack_Sky

Hey all,

so im over my rb20, not getting enough response/ torque and low down power to drift without me flogging the f**k out of it.

it only made 165kw atws, that was a couple of months ago, since then the car begun to get blow by worse and worse... so the power is getting lower and lower. so im loosing power which i cant slide without.

So im thinking of doing a full rb25 swap.. i have access to all the parts needed for the gearbox conversion because im buying it off my mate who has done it.

just need to get a rb25 motor and all the other neccesary bits and pieces for that...

My main question is there anyone in melbourne who has done this before that can help me and a couple of my mates put it in.. my mates are mechanics, but itll be alot easier if i have someone that has done it b4, that can direct us.. they have done rb20 swaps a few times, but the 25 conversion may be abit much for us.

anyone wanna help/give me some extra info...

also anyone know anyone in vic with a good cond, low kms rb25det. preferably out of a s2 r33, and need all the other neccesary bits and pieces..

cheers, jack.

Just take Wills RB26 :rofl:

So far I know CMY32 (Sandra) has done it.

She put a RB25DET Neo from a R34 GTT into her R32 GTS-4.

Aaron from Import Monster has 2 half cuts. (Coming if not, arrived)

A R33 GTS-T and a Stagea.

- http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ts-t291153.html

- http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...ie-t290981.html

You can get the RB25DET out of that.

I recently did a conversion with a series 2 rb25. There's heaps of information about it so have a look around. But I still found some things weren't covered anywhere. Feel free to PM me too with any specific questions.

I am in the process of doing it, hope some of you don't mind if i PM you too. So far i can tell you:

- Engine is direct swap (same mounts)

- Wiring different, but theres a few wiring threads around if you're daring to do it yourself (i wasn't, so i PMed BH_SLO32)

- AC same

- PS same

- Alternators same

- Gearbox is same

- Few hoses different

EDIT: By the way i'm converting to RB25DE.

Edited by TyresBro

cause its another p plater that bought a gtst thats turning it into a gts

waste of money imo, but each to there own

At least someone understands lol. Got plans for this car that's why. Also if you get the R34 RB25DE engine (255Nm) it has 2 more Nm of torque than the R32 GTR shamefully according to www.motortraders.net (not that i got that engine, not worth it for just P plates).

At least someone understands lol. Got plans for this car that's why. Also if you get the R34 RB25DE engine (255Nm) it has 2 more Nm of torque than the R32 GTR shamefully according to www.motortraders.net (not that i got that engine, not worth it for just P plates).

A RB26DETT has at least 353Nm.

I recently did a conversion with a series 2 rb25. There's heaps of information about it so have a look around. But I still found some things weren't covered anywhere. Feel free to PM me too with any specific questions.

yeh i know there is stuff missing... thats why i put the thread up in hope there will be some people in melbourne that can help me out if i run into trouble along the way.

it seems i have a couple now. cheers, jack.

Easy swap but it's the engineer certificate that's gonna kill you

Lol ceebs engineers cert... thanks tho.

I am keen to get a rb25det neo in there, but if i have to settle for a series 2 rb25det i will.

true, the dude must be smokin crystal

jack, fair few on da bay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-...=item19bc9e91d3

also did the door line up?

f**kinn smokinn rocks Cuuunnnttttt! HAHAHA!

i want one in melbourne, so i can just pick it up, chuck it on the back of the ute and then drop it in from there.

freight would be killer, and i cant check everything is there, etc etc... Ebs!

Door still isnt lined up, hopefully the car isnt bent, althought i think it may be, so might ahve to get the jig onto it, and bend the f**ker back.

true, the dude must be smokin crystal

:)

f**kinn smokinn rocks Cuuunnnttttt! HAHAHA!

i want one in melbourne, so i can just pick it up, chuck it on the back of the ute and then drop it in from there.

Import Monster!

Give Aaron a call and he is up in Bayswater.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so may have lined up a new motor and gox... Neorb25det and an r33 gbox with orc super single clutch off (Sun33, who is parting out his r31 coupe)... motor is stock and has low kms apparently 22,000 kms...

and better still the guy said he'll probs help me with the conversion.. so should go well.. hopefully i can get the cash toghether very soon and we can make it happen... will let all know how it goes if it goes and if i need help ill be here too. haha

cheers, jack.