SAU Community

Stupid Damn Power Windows

Got another question for u to think about, i notice that when i have my car sitting at idle (R33 Series 1) i notice a clicking or tapping noise coming from my drivers side window, the window sometimes doesnt go straight up when i press the winder button either, i think that its somehow linked to the noise because if i wait for another click to go then the window opens normally, that shits drivin me insane so if anyones go some idesa that would be helpful, soon i will have photos of the electric front spoiler on a R33 when i get a better camera for those that wanted to see it last time i posted :(

The runners and mounting bolts for the motor often vibrate loose over time. Take your door trim off and nip them all up again. This is assuming the noise is the window itself rather than a relay like Sewid suggests.

I think I have the same exact problem.. on mine it was the switch was waaaaay loose and very sensitive so it would either be stuck in auto up or auto down position.. so it keeps trying to do one or the other even though it's closed/open.. thus making the clicking noise over and over. I narrowed mine down to happening only at idle but then found out that it was the only time my car was quiet enough to actually be able to hear it. Not sure if it's the same problem.. but hope this helped!