SAU Community

My A31

The same as HKS purple but with a pearl through it will have to check the exact name for it at work.

OK so bit of progress over the weekend. Fixed the thread on the LCA and bolted the knuckles up.

Picked up some ikeya formula tie rods, centered the rack and bolted them up with the spacers from JPP.

Seem to be getting slightly more lock to the right even with the wheel turning the exact same turns lock to lock. So thats doing my head in atm.

IMG_13631296x968.jpg

IMG_13641296x968.jpg

Also got some driftworks traction rods from Cartel to finish off my adjustable arms.

IMG_13621296x968.jpg

Took the boost controller out of the system and hooked up a boost gauge and went for a test drive. Gate opens at about 7psi and boost creeps to about 10-11 by redline. Wasnt cutting and drove smoothly. Didnt want to take it too far cause of the wheel alignment being way out. Have one booked for Saturday morning so more testing on the weekend, get to cruise around Lakeside on Sunday if the cars going well so should be able to sort some shit out. Matsuri is approaching fast!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the green is a bit more subtle, not real sure on the colour yet either. Did do a pretty rubbish job of spraying them though haha.

Teks are a strange wheel they have 2 good 'angles' but look nasty in general. Hope that made sense...

Starting to get really picky with this car. Think it will need a makeover soon or ill start getting bored with it :(

• 1 month later...

Wanted to test out Doomah's wheel alignment so got in on a skidpan day, couldnt wait for qr to reopen.

First time testing it on the pan with the 25 and lock. So much easier to drive :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TpUyFlGnEwc#!

Edited by surfbum64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to buy new shit to keep me happy. Finally found a new bonnet so looks alot cleaner at the front even though the fit isnt perfect.

IMG_16501296x968.jpg

And after almost two years of owning this shit tin found the taillights that I wanted. Now looks like a christmas tree so have to repaint the wheels. Was thinking red. Thoughts?

IMG_16521296x968.jpg

Haha yeah that candy purple is not worth doing on these wheels :P

Gotta stick to the export quality range. Havnt done red or blue yet so they are the most likely choices.

Booked in for morning session in March and now have a GoPro 2 so will finally get some decent footage!

So first week of having the car home has had a lot of progress. Cleaned up the engine bay- mounted oil cooler, remounted catch can and fuse box, tidied up the rest of the loom, painted wheels red and found why the boost controller wasn't working. Car had started toeing in at the front for some reason couldn't figure out why so did a quick alignment tonight. After a couple of turns of the lh tie rod fell out of the rack. Very lucky it happened then and not on the highway/track. Also put one of the euro lines on the front and seems to fit...

a6cf51b6.jpg

Need a small slip on and a slightly smaller tyre but should work.

Tomorrow involves 2-way, 25 turbo and degrease engine bay.