SAU Community

Best Diy Way To Cut Coil Cover

rorz

Hey guys,

I just took off my valley cover today to try and keep my coilpack temps down, but now there is nowhere to mount the ignitor pack. People have said it's best to cut the valley cover to have this mounting point.

Just wondering what's the best way to do this at home? Will a hacksaw do the job? Or can i just leave the ignitor pack loose?

Cheers

Edited by rorz

a valley cover is is for a v-type engine..u mean coil cover =) as for taking the cover off?? im not a fan, but leaving the ignitor loose wouldnt be a good idea, u maybe able to bolt it to were one of the coil cover bolts go?

Edited by 51NNA

Ah sorry, noob here.

Coil cover then. Yeah nah i tried doing that didn't work out. People cut the end of the cover off and keep it to mount the ignitor i know i could get it cut for me professionaly but i'd rather try do it at home it's just my tiny hacksaw isn't up to it

hey mate, i cut mine, its a soft alloy, so its really easy to do with a hacksaw. then simply file back to a smooth/square finish, and paint the whole thing.

rowdy.

p.s. there are plenty of lines getting around with barely restrained ignitor packs- even some of the show cars at superlap! every little detiail in the engine bay polished and cleaned, and a grubby old ignitor pack floating around on top of the coils.

• 2 weeks later...