SAU Community

Brakes

hi all

i'm having a problem stopping , it's not that i dont have any brakes at all , it's just some times when pulling up for those last 20m that the brake pedal goes hard and it's not wanting to stop , driving along and standing on the brakes is ok , stops on the spot , its just the slow crawl , i've checked what i can but out of ideas , any one else had this problem , the car is an r33 s2.

Cheers.

I have'nt touched the fluid side of things but I did take the vacuum line of the booster

When i first read your post i was thinking booster vacuum leak. Double check what you did with the vac line. They can also leak internally, so if you have a vacuum pump check that as well.

hi all

i'm having a problem stopping , it's not that i dont have any brakes at all , it's just some times when pulling up for those last 20m that the brake pedal goes hard and it's not wanting to stop , driving along and standing on the brakes is ok , stops on the spot , its just the slow crawl , i've checked what i can but out of ideas , any one else had this problem , the car is an r33 s2.

Cheers.

Commonly known as break shutter, happens often, would recommend getting discs machined!

Cheers

odd problem

to me sounds it like a brake booster issue, maybe a leak in the diaphragm, enough of a seal for a quick stop. but the longer stop is long enough for it to leak out all the vacuum and be ineffective. kinda like if u try to brake with the engine turned off, no vacuum assist and fkn heavy pedal!

hope that might help ya