SAU Community

Does This Sound Right?

Hi Fellas,

After reading a bunch of posts with you guys comparing how many K's you get per tank. I started thinking why the hell am I only getting around 400...

I am one of those unlucky V owners with the problem where I fill up my car full but it only goes to 3/4 full on my dial. When my empty light comes on im sitting on aroudn 350-400. But because im only getting 3/4 full on the dial. Does this mean I have a 1/4 tank left when my light comes on. 400 k's doesnt seem right compared to you guys getting 550-600.

I dont drive like a "hoon" and I do drive to work and back in traffic. But I dont see why I'm only getting 400.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks.

Regardless of what your fuel gauge displays, it would be much more logical to reset your trip meter next time you fill up so you get more accurate data.

Then when you fill up AFTER that, you'll know how much fuel you used and how many kilometres you drove.

That's much more useful information (eg 11L/100M) than "I get 400km on a tank".

You may find that you are only filling 60 litres of an 80 litre tank and are getting the same fuel economy as everyone else.

Sorry, I forgot to add. I don't have a trip computer. No factory screen.

:P

U don't need a trip computer to work it out. Fill her up full, reset odometer, drive, next time you refill, make note of how many litres u fill up, the divide litres/ km travelled n u get ur consumption.

Hi Fellas,

After reading a bunch of posts with you guys comparing how many K's you get per tank. I started thinking why the hell am I only getting around 400...

I am one of those unlucky V owners with the problem where I fill up my car full but it only goes to 3/4 full on my dial. When my empty light comes on im sitting on aroudn 350-400. But because im only getting 3/4 full on the dial. Does this mean I have a 1/4 tank left when my light comes on. 400 k's doesnt seem right compared to you guys getting 550-600.

I dont drive like a "hoon" and I do drive to work and back in traffic. But I dont see why I'm only getting 400.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks.

I don't think the 3/4 full tank means it's not full. My car does 600km/tank if 90% highway. 400-500km if 50% highway. My car sometimes also show 3/4 full, it's just the level sensor in the tank are dirty. It should be full if you fill the tank till the fuel nozzle click, sometimes I double click, just to make sure. There's another discussion in this forum about that.

Wouldn't it make more sense to fix your fuel gauge problem? :P

Our cars have a 76 Litre tank... in my post yesterday: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fu...on-t327122.html

With my current Tyre\Rim setup, On a full tank I average about 11 Litres per 100km when I am cruising on normal roads (no freeway driving).

If you do the maths, on a 76 litre tank I can expect to get about 690km per tank... again this is not Freeway driving.

Hope this helps.

I fill up as much as possible and it only goes up to 60L.

I have never been able to put in any more.

I tend to get 450-550km of a tank of normal driving.

this is about 50-50 highway and city.

same, although ive managed 64 litres. and best was 621kms on hwys 90% of the time. i think v35-paul has the highest figures because of geraldton to perth and vice versa.

Hey Tony,

Quick question. You fill ur car up immediately when the low fuel warning light is on? Perhaps that's the reason why it's only 60L?

Anyway, an average of 500km for 60L is not too bad at all I guess.

My little Mazda 6 tends to go around 600km for a full tank and I usually fill around 55L in it. Considering the extra performance in a v35, i guess it's a good trade-off!

Nah mate. I fill up at the local shell 90% of the time so unless im absolutely down, i go there.

The light usually comes on for about 50-70ks.

When i was coming back from Syd, i got 702ks, had the light on for about 90min whilst i shat myself alot!

still only got to put in just over 59l.

im a gt8 btw if that helps at all.