SAU Community

Red Needle On R32 Gts-t

Hey guys, i've currently got one of them Cyberstork white face dial covers. The only problem is that the R32 GTS-T gauge needle is still white, which would make it hard to see with a white background. Anybody have experience with this or know how to solve the problem? Would the needles even be interchangeable with the R33 or any other cars? Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a pic of what mine basically looks like stock.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/d13so...3m/IMG00112.jpg

Hey guys, i've currently got one of them Cyberstork white face dial covers. The only problem is that the R32 GTS-T gauge needle is still white, which would make it hard to see with a white background. Anybody have experience with this or know how to solve the problem? Would the needles even be interchangeable with the R33 or any other cars? Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a pic of what mine basically looks like stock.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/d13so...3m/IMG00112.jpg

r32 gtr ones are red. just swap them

be careful if u choose to take to needles off .... i f**ked mine up when i was swapping over to white dials and spent afew hours with a gps trying to get the speedo accurate again -.-''

Edited by aussietroy

LOL, better not touch it then, doesn't look too bad...

On the other hand, i did touch my fuel gauge...does it automatically adjust or do i have to disassemble the whole dash again and touch it?

Swapped to Cyberstork white faced gauges with grey background and i must say it looks horrible (at night). The red LEDs that i bought off 666DAN barely shone through and is patchy, some characters don't line up (despite an hour or 2 of lining it up), and is less visible at night than stock. Stuck between changine the faces to stock or just leaving it :)

(And no i'm not gonna fork out $800 for the Nismo ones...)

Here's a few pics of the result, day time it looks very nice.

post-71802-1279287851_thumb.jpg

post-71802-1279287859_thumb.jpg

Edited by TyresBro

Ahhh they're overlays, so yeah if the numerals aren't bang-on, the light isn't going to come through. Have you got anyway of removing the factory plastics and just leaving the cyberstork ones in place? I would have thought Cyberstork would have been a failry good item, maybe not :)

For painting the needles, go to autobarn and get red lens repair spray in a can, it's clear and bright red, woks a treat.