SAU Community

Wide!? Too Wide? Trying To Fit Work Equip On Enr34

Really want to make this work but still not sure what I want to do..

1) Bolt on flares and modify the original guard inside

2) Widerear fibreglass guards which will be 50mm wider...not sure if thats going to be enough

3) refabricate the rear guards...which is going to be expensive.

I was trying to find some pictures of enr34 with bolton flares to see what it will look like but couldnt find any...

Iam sure refabricating will look the best but it's going to be costly...(After seeing my brother getting quote with his JZA80 with 18x13...fabricator and panelbeaters were asking crazy money!!)

What do you guys think? :D

post-71967-1280139481_thumb.jpg

post-71967-1280139497_thumb.jpg

post-71967-1280139506_thumb.jpg

i would say refab would be the cleanest way but as you said expensive so up to you if u wanna spend the money. the 50mm wider guards wont be nearly enough looking at those pics.

but thats my opimion. good luck

Any way you can think of doing it will be hard on a 4 door, unless you can weld and do some simply sheet metal fabbing, fab up some rear guards then once tacked on you would have to cut them at the door line and weld in the sheet to finish it off where the door finishes, if you can weld give it a go... it would be an ungodly cost to get it done professionally... but to just get the spraying done to finish it off, wouldnt cost nowhere near as much,...

But really let me guess, you wanted to have the most dish, so you found some rims that you could afford and now you want to make em fit, its really not a great way to go about it unless you really think it though first...

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PERSONALLY i think... hmm, never thought i would say this but you eff'd up buying these!!! as in to my knowledge there is NO guard work that will make them fit.. (this is said in jehst that's not a personal attack!!!)

BUT that's okay... is it just the rears that are causing you issues? or the fronts as well?

IF it's just the rears... my advice is... start from scratch.

get your favourite allen key, undo the disk from the rim. and get a workshop to re mount the disk to the rim at a more suitable offset..

then again..

;)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8MPCKJQzPA8/S1saUFa0....jpg?imgmax=800

^^^ click the link, i can't embed it!!

problem with widebodies... is they look FANTASTIC for like two weeks, then you drive the car. and body flex makes it crack and split and tear and then you cry :D

my opinion:

if it's just the rears, get them re-dished... at the offset YOU want ...if it's all 4 wheels, it's *probably* going to cost too much... as such - you should sell them off to some VIP widebody celsior / gtr / something with big guards..

if you don't know how to get wheels from japan PM me and i can put you in the right direction! :)

EDIT: forgot to mention - widebody + 4door = NO NO NO

trust me - to retain structure of the wider guards - you have to delete your rear door seams, and handles - and you DO keep your rear doors... it's VERY difficult to open them without the guards catching on each other on the hinge, not to mention how easy it is for the papermache fibreglass to crack being "opnened n closed" like that...

there's two ways you can go about this (in my opnion) you can tear your hair out and make your hair grey trying to make your body fit these wheels. OR you send yourself nearly broke trying to redish them... OR you can sell them - and start again (sorry that is my opnion!!!) me personally i would be selling and re-buying another set of work equip.. (this is because i work full time and don't have time to run back n forth workshops trying to organise people to help me get back to square one!)

Edited by Mr Eps

OKAY had another 30 second thought about this

quick bit of financing. you look yourself in the mirror n say "DAMN I FKED UP". sell these rims for a between 700 to a grand. cheap - fk em off.

buy another set from japan - let's say 2 grand. you lose a grand doing this... that sounds like a lot of money

OR

you could pay a workshop to have your car for AGES custom fabbing guards n flares - this would probably cost AT LEAST a grand. then painting. which won't happen for anything less than a grand

i predict your guard work would cost about 2.5K from start to finish. which is a very costly way to get yourself a defect on a saturday night while you're cruising the strip!!!

my advice - take this as a lesson - sell the wheels to a car that will fit them (i assume a V35/ 350Z) and start again - it will cost a lot less in the long run!

size of wheels? offset? how far do they stick out of the guards?

ive done 18x12 - 4 on my rears (33 though) and have been around 34's that had similar treatment so can give you a bit more of an idea. but first, specs :)

not to mention how easy it is for the papermache fibreglass to crack being "opnened n closed" like that...

well dont do them in crappy fibreglass and they wont crack will they, metal all the way welded on right, the paint wont crack, it could be done, in fact I want to try it now and some crappy 4 door just to see how hard it would be

dude they look tuff as

i would go bolt on flares (this is what im dojng lol)

its alot harder (dare i say uglier) on 4 doors but u have the right idea

if u want a lil less dish there is a place in victoria that redo just the dish for 2 and 3 piece rims if u want details find a thread that i started recently called work wheel question... its not expensive at all (i got quoted 180-190 for 19's) so urs should be cheaper to get made 1 inch thinner and then they will fit a bit easier

my best mate has a s14a with 11.5inch fronts and 12.5 inch rears, rears are a minus 26 offset and he has got no bolt on flares or nothing just rolled, flared and pumped (hard). but i guess its different for a 4dr

size of wheels? offset? how far do they stick out of the guards?

ive done 18x12 - 4 on my rears (33 though) and have been around 34's that had similar treatment so can give you a bit more of an idea. but first, specs :(

pics pls?

dude they look tuff as

i would go bolt on flares (this is what im dojng lol)

its alot harder (dare i say uglier) on 4 doors but u have the right idea

if u want a lil less dish there is a place in victoria that redo just the dish for 2 and 3 piece rims if u want details find a thread that i started recently called work wheel question... its not expensive at all (i got quoted 180-190 for 19's) so urs should be cheaper to get made 1 inch thinner and then they will fit a bit easier

my best mate has a s14a with 11.5inch fronts and 12.5 inch rears, rears are a minus 26 offset and he has got no bolt on flares or nothing just rolled, flared and pumped (hard). but i guess its different for a 4dr

s14s can take massive wheels fairly easy.