SAU Community

Scrubbing Out The Inside Of The Front Tyres....take 3

Im have trouble with my front tyres scrubbing out on the inside.

Its running 19" and its still at stock hight.

It has just had an alignment to see if that fixes the problem with no luck.

I really want to fix this ASAP as my tyres are about $300 each and one is nearly too far gone now

Any info would be fantastic

PS this is posted again because there was an issue with the forum this morning

Edited by Cra-Z-Boy

Do u mean it's rubbing on something inside? If so, your wheel offsets are probably wrong...no amount of alignment will solve ur problem...find out exactly what width ur wheel is and offset and I will tell u if thats your problem...

i think he is meaning negative camber so the inside is wearing out?

cant fix it unless you get adjustable arms, and put the camber 0 degrees but then the car will handle like shit cos you will get roll over

just swap the tyres over on the rims to compensate

i think he is meaning negative camber so the inside is wearing out?

cant fix it unless you get adjustable arms, and put the camber 0 degrees but then the car will handle like shit cos you will get roll over

just swap the tyres over on the rims to compensate

Yeah thats right I have a camber problem.

I cant change tyres front to rear, left to right.

Front and rears are different size and they are rotation and side specific.

The big probllem is the tyres are only about 7000 K's old and now have very little tread on the inner edge.

They cost way to much for this to be left this way

It's usually a combination of camber and toe that will kill your tyres early, make sure you're running zero toe. If it was just one tyre that is wearing then I'd have guess a suspension problem but if you're getting even wear on both sides then it's likely still an alignment problem, especially if your car is running stock ride height.

if u have severe negative camber that can't be dialed out...then having zero toe will kill the tyres faster....u could mitigate by having it toe in but if its worn on the inside...change tyres...its illegal to drive on them and if u get in an accident...u could potentially be uncovered by insurance.

u may need adjustable camber arms...but if ur not lowered...doubt that the negative camber will be excessive so just get a proper alignment.

if u have severe negative camber that can't be dialed out...then having zero toe will kill the tyres faster....u could mitigate by having it toe in but if its worn on the inside...change tyres...its illegal to drive on them and if u get in an accident...u could potentially be uncovered by insurance.

u may need adjustable camber arms...but if ur not lowered...doubt that the negative camber will be excessive so just get a proper alignment.

just buy tyres in the future as well which you can swap them from rim to rip. i understand thay they might be directional, but if you just swap the fronts around the inside becomes the outside etc.

this is what i have done in the past to get double the amount of wear out of my tyres.

im running -2.5 degrees camber up front and i just keep an eye on them when they are wearing out, then swap em around.

just buy tyres in the future as well which you can swap them from rim to rip. i understand thay they might be directional, but if you just swap the fronts around the inside becomes the outside etc.

this is what i have done in the past to get double the amount of wear out of my tyres.

im running -2.5 degrees camber up front and i just keep an eye on them when they are wearing out, then swap em around.

ok as much as I should say thanks for your reply.

I will say this

Im not an idot and understand just fine what goes on with cars , tyres and some of the rest. :) (built many cars over the last 20 years)

What I was asking is ,have others had the same problem and what direction they took to fix the problem.

And to the tyres they are an asymmetrical pattern so no go ;) but yes your right when I buy(very soon :3some: ) the next fronts they will be able to be rotated left to right

Edited by Cra-Z-Boy

ok as much as I should say thanks for your reply.

I will say this

Im not an idot and understand just fine what goes on with cars , tyres and some of the rest. :) (built many cars over the last 20 years)

What I was asking is ,have others had the same problem and what direction they took to fix the problem.

And to the tyres they are an asymmetrical pattern so no go :( but yes your right when I buy(very soon :) ) the next fronts they will be able to be rotated left to right

i dont mean to offend, but im sure if anyone had a tyre wear problem and they knew anything about cars they would take it to a reputable alignment place, (heasmans, ProConcept Racing) which have the proper alignment machines.

They are able to tell you if an arm is bent and what not, etc and why your tyres are wearing out faster on the insides.

If you are at stock height, then it is a bit strange to be wearing so fast, but there are a few other factors to consider, such as the wear rating of the tyre you have purchased? i have destoryed a set of semi slicks on the road in under 5000kms..........

If all else fails, get some adjustable camber arms, and just dial in the exact camber you want at these alignment places once again.

sorry again if i come across the wrong way!

i dont mean to offend, but im sure if anyone had a tyre wear problem and they knew anything about cars they would take it to a reputable alignment place, (heasmans, ProConcept Racing) which have the proper alignment machines.

They are able to tell you if an arm is bent and what not, etc and why your tyres are wearing out faster on the insides.

If you are at stock height, then it is a bit strange to be wearing so fast, but there are a few other factors to consider, such as the wear rating of the tyre you have purchased? i have destoryed a set of semi slicks on the road in under 5000kms..........

If all else fails, get some adjustable camber arms, and just dial in the exact camber you want at these alignment places once again.

sorry again if i come across the wrong way!

No its all good I was having a bad day and was in a bit of a mood ,so sorry mate.

I would love to have a reputable place do an alignment for me but where I am you dont get much of a choice.

Im going to go with a front camber kit SPL pro V2 camber kit

Edited by Cra-Z-Boy