SAU Community

Gtr Rear Steering Arm Is Bent!

Hi all,

When having my car wheel aligned, the guys found that the passanger side rear steering arm is slightly bent.

They also noticed different lengths with the castor rods (however look like stock rods).... is this normal?

The guy was saying that the car would pull to the side quite badly unless I changed to an adjustible arm/or caster bush.

The car does not have any issues with steering or drivability - it actually handles like a dream!

Would the difference in rod length, or bend in the rear steering be a major issue if it drives well (seems to have even tyre wear too)?

Cheers

On the rear arm, you obviously have no issue with the bent arm from an alignment point of view so it must adjust up ok, but once an arm is bent it will only get worse. You might get away with it for a few months, a pothole might banana it tomorrow. I'd replace it.

The caster rods should be the same length. But if the car is actually aligned straight (even caster) you have no issue. It may already have an adjustable bush i it?

cheers for the advice badhairdave,

regarding the caster - the alignment report has the left caster at 1.4 degrees, whilst the right is 2.6 degrees

the guy said he could not adjust them - hence probably doesnt have an adjustable bush