SAU Community

Nikon D90

kessian

Greetings all,

I will be purchasing a Nikon D90 soon, but not going to bother with the kit lenses. I am looking to purchase a few lenses. In regards to what i need, it will be a little bit of everything, from portrait to cars, scenery, anything i can snap :(

I was looking at these 3 lenses:

Nikkor 50mm f1.8

Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Nikkor 18-200mm VRII

Do you reckon this is all i will need. I am not looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money on them, as i am by no means a professional, but just want to cover whats needed.

Yeah thats what i was thinking of doing, although i found a site that does the D90 + the 18-200mm together, so not sure if i can go with that. I can afford these 3 lenses no problem, just wondering if they are alright for most situations.

I wouldn't skip the 50, the it's got the same zoom but it's a very different lens. you're forced to walk around more to frame pics. which i found really helpful for looking for something to shoot. Also the very nice depth of field and bokeh you can do gives you some more creative options.

Greetings all,

I will be purchasing a Nikon D90 soon, but not going to bother with the kit lenses. I am looking to purchase a few lenses. In regards to what i need, it will be a little bit of everything, from portrait to cars, scenery, anything i can snap >_<

I was looking at these 3 lenses:

Nikkor 50mm f1.8

Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Nikkor 18-200mm VRII

Do you reckon this is all i will need. I am not looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money on them, as i am by no means a professional, but just want to cover whats needed.

The 50mm F1.8 is value for money, and for portraits (75mm equivalent on the D90) its perfect for portraits.

For general purpose lens, there are many options, 18-200 VRII or VRI, 18-105, 18-135.. It really depends on how much you want to spend.... You can always test out some of these zoom lenses with your D90 at the camera shop and see whats going to work for you..

The 50mm F1.8 is value for money, and for portraits (75mm equivalent on the D90) its perfect for portraits.

For general purpose lens, there are many options, 18-200 VRII or VRI, 18-105, 18-135.. It really depends on how much you want to spend.... You can always test out some of these zoom lenses with your D90 at the camera shop and see whats going to work for you..

Yeah, im new to DSLR's, so atm all im waiting to do is get a few lenses for general day to day use. I don't want to be in a situation where i require i certain lense and don't have it :blush: