SAU Community

Hicas Boss Kit?

NRV155

This is for an R32 GTST. Just wondering if this is a hicas boss kit or not. I had this in my previous r32 and kept getting the hicas warning light come on at various times but could have been to my lack of knowledge on how the hicas is connected properly. If it is, can someone tell me what goes where with the tabs and such plz?

DSC00012-1.jpg

DSC00015-1.jpg

DSC00014-1.jpg

DSC00018-1.jpg

It looks like a Hicas boss kit but the gap for the HICAS locater pin looks a bit large.... I had an issue not long ago with my boss kit, but that was my stuff up i put it on the wrong way :bunny: (It had many gaps on the back for the Hicas locater and plug)

basically the HICAS hub behind the steering wheel had a couple of degrees either way before the boss kit would engage the HICAS hub and tell the computer it was moving. So then after about 15 mins of driving on the highway (above 80kmh I think you have to do) my HICAS light would come on

If that sounds like what yours was doing then maybe you should consider another boss kit? I got a Works Bell HICAS boss kit for mine, which works well when you put it on the right way :blink:

Where did you get it and how much? I probably didnt even have the locater pin in the hole, lol. Im talking maybe 6 years ago i had this problem. I knew nothing of HICAS or skylines for that matter. Ive had my current skyline for about 2 years now but never thought of replacing the steering wheel til now. The leather is starting to come off mine.

Edited by NRV155

i got my works bell boss kit from just jap for $120 i think?

Give that one a go, just put it on and make sure that it contacts with the hicas hub straight away and there is no slop between turns

I'll be hitting them up on saturday. I just broke the plastic off the back of mine by dropping it today while i was on the phone to them (just jap). So even if it was the right one, its f**ked now anyways.

haha nice

If you get the works bell one, you'll see what i mean... Theres one way that it will fit on loosely and another way it will fit on quite snuggly (If its like the 33 boss kit anyway) just make sure you order the one with HICAS lol

but yeh make sure you put it on right and its engaging the HICAS hub as soon as you turn the wheel

DONE!!! Used works boss. Only slight problem is engaging the blinker to turn left. I have to turn the wheel slightly to engage it. I havent tested at above 60km/h so not sure if the hicas light will come on yet but hopfully it doesnt.

Matches my gauges now.

DSC00022.jpg

Edited by NRV155