SAU Community

Hid's,whats The Best Brand? And How High Can I Go?

Ehh turns out s13 takes h3cs :)

So my mate with a 33GTST bought the H1s off me.

Brand is meh... Just get 55watt 6000K - eBay is good, you get exchange warranty if they die within 12 months...

M3 has got 6000K HIDs - so nice and bright!

No clue on brand lol.

Edited by Ten Four

Is there a reason you want 10,000k other than wanting to outdo habbiby and his "fully hektik uleh" maroon series 1 r33 gtst?

For the sake of all the poor motorists that drive past you, please don't go above 6,000k :l

Lol I don't see how HID's have anything to do with Lebanese people :cool:

I have 12000k high beams. There is hardly any difference between them and my 6000k low beams. No more straining on the eyes, and is onl very very very slightly bluish-purple in colour. Can hardly tell the difference between 6000k and 12000k.

Low beams:

IMG_0008.jpg

High beams:

P071109_135601.jpg

P071109_135602.jpg

P300709_1710.jpg

Edited by Hanaldo

• 1 year later...

digging up an old thread here, quick question i see you have both high and low beam hids, did you have to buy two sets of hid kits or just use one kit and connect high and low beam. is this possible?

digging up an old thread here, quick question i see you have both high and low beam hids, did you have to buy two sets of hid kits or just use one kit and connect high and low beam. is this possible?

I've bought two separate kits to do mine, it's by far the simplest way. It's definitely possibly to do it with just one ballast, for example using a dual hi/low beam type setup where both bulbs are on all the time but there is a 'shield' that covers whichever one is not in use. This is quite a good way of doing it because it won't have the delay that my setup has when you switch to highbeam and the gasses need a few seconds to warm up. Whether this can be incorporated into Skyline headlight housings I'm not sure, I haven't looked into it to be honest.

There may also be another way of just using one ballast but still having two separate bulbs, but it would definitely require a special ballast, you couldn't just buy a normal HID kit and run two separate bulbs with it.

• 2 weeks later...