SAU Community

V35 Sedan Exhaust

GRK35L

Yes the Stillen was a bit of a fight to line up, but we got it there in the end.

The lovely note it produces was worth the effort :dry:

I think i have a stainless dual output legallis Cat back for the v35 in the garage. Interested?

Prolly $1000 plus shipping from Melb, Vic ono.

Either that or I fit to mine to see how it goes.

I am not that fussed but thought worth a suggestion.

G

Hang on guys...don't bag stillen....it was bolt on!!! Took us 5 hrs to install as we were not familiar with the process but it took 2.5hrs to remove...

it was easy installing and easy uninstalling...don't know what went wrong with your install...

and yes, i would stick to the US aftermarket stuff...reason?? VERY SIMPLE.....there are more aftermarket parts for the V35 (G35) in the US than there are for the V35 in the JDM...The Nissan turbo fans never did really accept NA engines as a good platform and stuck to the RBs and SRs.....

So to sum it up, if you want to go aftermarket for your V35, go for Stillen....

Hang on guys...don't bag stillen....it was bolt on!!! Took us 5 hrs to install as we were not familiar with the process but it took 2.5hrs to remove...

Point of reference, my Nismo exhaust took 15mins to bolt on to my Stagea... including time taken to put the car up on the ramps.

Why so quick? Japanese "bolt on" is exact.

In comparison the Stillen took us about an hour and some not-so-subtle persuasion (large rubber mallet) to fit it in place.

it was easy installing and easy uninstalling...don't know what went wrong with your install...

Nothing at all went wrong with the install.

and yes, i would stick to the US aftermarket stuff...reason?? VERY SIMPLE.....there are more aftermarket parts for the V35 (G35) in the US than there are for the V35 in the JDM...The Nissan turbo fans never did really accept NA engines as a good platform and stuck to the RBs and SRs.....

So to sum it up, if you want to go aftermarket for your V35, go for Stillen....

Yep, very true, The Yanks definitely have done more for the VQ35 than any any other nation and if you are going to build an engine, the US is where you turn... but for bits like exhaust, suspension etc you seriously can't go past the Japanese for quality, performance and fitment.

Edited by iamhe77

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Installation of a twin rear muffler setup is not possible without modification and shielding of the fuel system, and removal of tow hook. Carbon canister and breather pipe will come in contact with the drivers side muffler. A local exhaust shop said it would take them a few days and over $1000 to do just mods and pipework (not including mufflers!!) from just the axle back (less than 2 metres of pipe total). Replacing the centre muffler and pipe was a whole lot more $$$ and time.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm currently looking at two catback systems that have been mentioned in this thread. The Stillen Gen 2 and the Fujitsubo Legalis R. I know that the Fuji is only a little louder than stock and the stillen is a fair bit louder but between the two which would give the most gains?

I don't expect to have gained 20kw from the system but between these two great pieces of steel which would the majority of other sedan owners prefer.

Also any idea on the pipe size of the Stillen, as I know the Fujitsubo is around 2.75"