SAU Community

Decat?

luvboost

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaha nice thread david... bringing all the tree huggers n murders together... since we're all here now lets organise a picnic ill light the bbq with my fast and furious flames coming form my decat... n the that poxy tree hugger nic a31 can do the dishes.... let me know date and place????? who's in??? ooo wait my cars impounded n im goin court soon.. soo im gona need a lift? :/

post-76568-1285597799_thumb.jpg

Since I couldn't find it, I emailed EPA a while ago and finally got a reply.

Dear Nic:Your email was forwarded to an Officer in the Environmental Enforcement Unit of the Department, who has responded below; I trust this helps with your query:

The Commonwealth Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 allows for the Minister to determine national vehicle standards. Information about the Australian Design Rules and emission requirements may be found here and here.

In regards to offenses for removing a catalytic converter, Section 13A of the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 provides offenses for the modification of a standard vehicle and making it non-standard, and applies a penalty of 120 penalty units.

The Commonwealth Crimes Act 1914 (Section 4AA) specifies a penalty unit to be $110, and thus the removal of a catalytic converter would carry a maximum penalty for an individual of $13,200. In relation to an offence by a body corporate, Section 4B allows for a court to issue a penalty of 5 times the amount of the maximum pecuniary penalty that could be imposed by the court on a natural person, being $66,000.

Settled.

Edited by Nic_A31

I would like to see the figures for anyone who has actually received this fine in Perth, i recall this discussion on another forum a while ago.. i'd put my money on 0.

...even the inspectors @ pits will tell you to install a cat and come back again. Good scare tactic though!

Edited by endless