SAU Community

Hawk Ht-10 Vs Dtc-60

Equinox

Hey all.

I'm changing calipers on my Silvia and these two Hawk compounds are cost effective in the pad size I'm going to be running.

Just wondering if anyone has run both and can comment on them? The car is a full weight S14 so I'm worried the DTC-60s might be overkill but on the makeshift chart on Hawk's website they list them as both operating from the same lower theshold but with the DTC-60s killing the HT-10s in upper temperature limit.

Does the DTC series simply superseed the HT series?

I have run both but am not sure my results are typical. I've been assured the pads are very similar, and I used them in slightly different setups on the same car....but I found the ht10 terrible and the dtc60 excellent (see avatar.....).

Maybe iI was above the upper limit of the ht10 but under the limit for dtc60.

In any case, I would buy the dtc60 again in a heartbeat if they made them for my current caliper....the dtc60 in gtr brembos gave me better fade resistance and feel than my current porsche brembo/sbs dual carbon setup which is a fiar bit larger.

I can't comment on the Dtc, but i have used the Ht-10's for the last 3 years and really like them. I find them to be very consistent over 12 laps @ Morgan Park which is apparently hard on brakes as there is not much down time for them to cool down.

I've also used HT-10's for years in Targa, and at Symmons Plains. I find them to be very consistant, and last right down to the backing plate (unlike the Pagid RS14 which starts to fall appart as it gets low). I'd be interested to compare the DTC-60's though

• 1 month later...
...................................... because I am an idiot and like a tail that swings a little under brakes

Thought I was the only idiot who likes that, gives a new dimension to trail braking :)