SAU Community

GTR Brembos - Hawk pads availability.

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a set of Hawk pads for my R34 GTR Brembo calipers for moderate track use. I am going to stick with Hawk as I have used them with Sumitomo calipers and loved them for track use (stick with what you know).

Previously I had used the HT10 pad for moderate track use with good results and was looking to go down the same path, however it appears HAWK do not manufacture the HT10 for that caliper anymore or never did.

From what I can see there are two part numbers that will fit the Brembo caliper, although neither specifically state they fit the GTR Brembo caliper on the Hawk website.

HB545 (the part number listed for 350Z Brembos - my assumption is that the GTR and 350Z use the exact same pad.

HB181 - Pad is the same shape as the HB545 with slightly different dimensions. Suited to 90's BMW but there is information floating around that they suit the GTR Brembo caliper as well. However it looks like Hawk no longer manufacture the correct thickness pad that would have fitted the GTR Brembo.

So, who has recently bought Hawk pads for the GTR Brembo calipers?

What Part number did you order and can confirm they fit?

What compound did you buy - I don't think the HT10 is available as I said above, so I think the DTC-60 would be the next obvious choice.

Thanks.

HB181.JPG

HB545.JPG

I can't be sure about the pad because my fronts are a porsche 4 spot not standard, but Bendix does show the same pad for R32 vspec/R33/R34 brembos and 350z Track: Brembos: https://www.bendix.com.au/products/db1520

I did a fair bit of sprint racing (up to 20min) with DTC-60 on the front and HT10 on the rear they were excellent. They did not work from cold so don't use them on the street unless you are OK with that "oh f**k I'm not going to be able to stop for that roundabout" feeling.

They took abuse like this and kept working fine.

hot_brakes.jpg

However, these days I am running Winmax, equivalent performance but a fair bit cheaper.

• Like 1

Winmax W7?

For the standard caliper, the DTC60s are a bit cheaper than the Winmax pads.

FWIW, using the Benshit code DB1520, this pad is shared with R32~R34 GT-R Brembo & 350Z. Same goes for Project Mu, Elig, Intima, etc.

I am running the same Intima RR pads from a R32~R34 Brembo caliper on my 350Z Brembo setup.

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

FWIW, using the Benshit code DB1520, this pad is shared with R32~R34 GT-R Brembo & 350Z. Same goes for Project Mu, Elig, Intima, etc.

I am running the same Intima RR pads from a R32~R34 Brembo caliper on my 350Z Brembo setup.

Yeah, confirmed that now. Which translates into HB545X.564 Hawk part number.

I have emailed hawk to see if the do this part number in the HT10 compound i'm after. HB545S.564. I believe the answer will be no.

• Like 1