SAU Community

Car Not Starting

niran

Hey everyone,

um a couple of weeks back sometimes my car didnt start, then i would try again and it would kick over. As time passed it got worse until last friday afternoon where the car would not start at all. I do have an imobilizer and when i unlock it and turn the ignition switch over i get all the lights on the dash (normal pre start lights) and hear my fuel pump prime. However it just dosnt seem to kick over. I even tried to jump start it with jumper leeds thinking it was a flat battery however that didn't solve the problem. In the end a few of my mates and i ended up pushing starting the car which seems to work fine without any hesitation.

My first thought was it must be the starter motor, so i brought one of them from a guy on the forums. Today i swapped it over thinking i could drive my car again and went to turn the key and again no luck, the car didn't start..

So my question is, does anybody know whats wrong with my car? or what i could check to see if that's the issue?

cheers guys, Niran

do the headlights dim when u try to crank it over?

hey man, um nah headlights and all stay the same brightness when i try to crank it over. nothing happens the warning light for i think cat comes on? the one that looks like a catalytic cover-tor sign and has waves off it.. representing heat im assuming..

when you try to start it, does it turn over or just make a clicking noise?

hey, nah dosnt turn over at all just makes a clicking noise from the inside of the car which is coming from the fuse box under the steering wheel

thats flat battery... either get a jump pack or a new battery... it will start

Jarrod

hey man,

thanks dude, i put mums cars battery in mine and it started :S .. no idea why it didnt start before when i tried to jump start it with jumper leeds.

thanks again

no worries, jumper leads dont deliver enough current to get the car started when the battery is fairly flat, could be due to the cheap leads i have but ive always had to leave them on for a good 15 mins with the other car running to get it started... a jumper pack however fires it up first go every time :)

Jarrod