SAU Community

V36 Compared To Other Local Cars

Just curious if the v36 sedan is comparable to locally manufactured cars such as the G6E turbo or the Holden 6L V8s for acceleration, or is this being too optimistic ?

Before buying the 350gt I took a VW Passat V6 (the 220kw version) for a test drive and the 350gt felt faster and more stable. It felt just as fast as the 335i and the current Audi S4 also. Or maybe b/c there was more noise in the cabin it 'felt' just as fast.

Does anyone have experience with the 350gt and local manufacturers ?

^^^ plus 1 or though Chris not to sure about HSV fast but very close and lets face it for the price of a a HSV and the options you get with the V36 it is the best deal for the money. I mean damn holden don't even option HID's for the $70000 dollar GTS (FAIL) and it's a pretty good car, not to mention what a Twin Turbo 3.0L Sv6 would do but they need better options lol... Any way go the V36 i Know i am thinking about a 2010 model....

P.s V36 on a Mountain road vs GTS i would say V36 = FUN and WIN... close to the same 0 to 100 and better handling by far..

Edited by 99 GTT

looking into getting a v36 as well, there is just no comparison in the market given its price range.

however i'm strapped for cash as it is. What is the probable chance i can have one imported and on the road for $40k?

The sedan I bought was 37K with 12 months warrenty and rego. The coupe's cost much more.

I was also surprised with the power and the handling of the 350gt sedan, and like others mentioned what you get for the price. Never driven a HSV and would have thought a 325kw GTS would be in another league.

how are you finding parts and servicing?

i have the unfortunate luck of getting into accidents frequently none of which is my fault. This year i had 2 drivers rear ending me, one of which was during torrential downpour and the other one was just an idiot driver who wasn't paying attention to the road. The previous year, had frontal damage because some punk decided to do a sudden U-turn.

how are you finding parts and servicing?

i have the unfortunate luck of getting into accidents frequently none of which is my fault. This year i had 2 drivers rear ending me, one of which was during torrential downpour and the other one was just an idiot driver who wasn't paying attention to the road. The previous year, had frontal damage because some punk decided to do a sudden U-turn.

I haven't actually picked it up yet. Put a deposit down and will hopefully have it by next week. I was thinking of taking it to Nissan for servicing.

looking into getting a v36 as well, there is just no comparison in the market given its price range.

however i'm strapped for cash as it is. What is the probable chance i can have one imported and on the road for $40k?

Just got one in June this year. It cost me $47k-$48k on road. You will be lucky to get it for $40k just depends on how much you actually buy it for plus the exchange rate at the time but i must say they are quite scarce on some of the auction sites i have been looking at, its like they are getting snapped up and there isn't much to pick from these days. If the dollar keeps going the way it has been over the past week or so maybe you could get a better deal then what i did at .85c to the Yen and remember, you can get better exchange rate by transferring money via Ozforex (or similar) then some financial institutions offer, do your research and you can potentially save thousands when transferring large amounts of money.

Good luck

Just curious if the v36 sedan is comparable to locally manufactured cars such as the G6E turbo or the Holden 6L V8s for acceleration, or is this being too optimistic ?

Before buying the 350gt I took a VW Passat V6 (the 220kw version) for a test drive and the 350gt felt faster and more stable. It felt just as fast as the 335i and the current Audi S4 also. Or maybe b/c there was more noise in the cabin it 'felt' just as fast.

Does anyone have experience with the 350gt and local manufacturers ?

The sedan version of the V36 has a better power to weight ratio than the coupe so in a straight line is actually marginally quicker.

For reference, when I was at Wakefield Park I was coming up from behind a new XR6 turbo who started his run in front of me, starting our run on the straight from behind the ford I overtook it by the end of the straight for the first corner, I have an in car camera footage

VE HSV SS very comparable acceleration but imo the V36 will just keep it's nose in front, don't ask me how I know this :P

Very good performance from a V6, although also considering this car would probably be 60-75k new if sold from the showroom (guessing)

Just got one in June this year. It cost me $47k-$48k on road. You will be lucky to get it for $40k just depends on how much you actually buy it for plus the exchange rate at the time but i must say they are quite scarce on some of the auction sites i have been looking at, its like they are getting snapped up and there isn't much to pick from these days. If the dollar keeps going the way it has been over the past week or so maybe you could get a better deal then what i did at .85c to the Yen and remember, you can get better exchange rate by transferring money via Ozforex (or similar) then some financial institutions offer, do your research and you can potentially save thousands when transferring large amounts of money.

Good luck

It's jsut a shame that the Yen isn't depreciating anymore and even with the AUD's massive surge against the USD (breaking through 99cent), it's only at 81.5 yen....still much lower than what most of you's brought in at.

The sedan version of the V36 has a better power to weight ratio than the coupe so in a straight line is actually marginally quicker.

For reference, when I was at Wakefield Park I was coming up from behind a new XR6 turbo who started his run in front of me, starting our run on the straight from behind the ford I overtook it by the end of the straight for the first corner, I have an in car camera footage

VE HSV SS very comparable acceleration but imo the V36 will just keep it's nose in front, don't ask me how I know this :D

Very good performance from a V6, although also considering this car would probably be 60-75k new if sold from the showroom (guessing)

I have no idea what the power:weight ratio is for the xr6T or the HSV R8?, but it is very impressive that a 245kw car can match either of these in a straight line. Especially when the 270kw figure in the xr6T is closer to 300kw.

I have a V36 Coupe, I would say to be real that its a good match for an SS or XR6T but its not in the HSV/B6 league. How ever it has better brakes is better equipped, handles better and has chick pulling ability well beyond the local Holden Ford models. Also its nice to drive something a little different from every other streeter, in a 200sx or 318I with stupid wheels bigger than the car.

Not sure about what people are saying 46-48, Few V36 370GT Coupes gone through auction recently "last few weeks" for a lot cheaper and sedan considerably cheaper

the SP version is a bit pricey IMO and so is Black Color ones

I was looking at importing V36 for a Few months after selling my V35 Coupe, but settled on a R34 in the end - personal preference

for example -

http://www.j-spec.com.au/featured/2008-Nis...pe_S-15370.html

and these are dealer cars, so if someone is patient from Auction you can probably buy even cheaper

and i know Silver V36 are bit cheaper in Jap, but still its lot cheaper than 48K

Not sure about what people are saying 46-48, Few V36 370GT Coupes gone through auction recently "last few weeks" for a lot cheaper and sedan considerably cheaper

the SP version is a bit pricey IMO and so is Black Color ones

I was looking at importing V36 for a Few months after selling my V35 Coupe, but settled on a R34 in the end - personal preference

for example -

http://www.j-spec.com.au/featured/2008-Nis...pe_S-15370.html

and these are dealer cars, so if someone is patient from Auction you can probably buy even cheaper

and i know Silver V36 are bit cheaper in Jap, but still its lot cheaper than 48K

i'm observing the same thing as well, basically a type P can be had for around $2million yen or jsut below even. whilst a type S lingers around $2.2 to $2.3M, but given similar conditions its practically the color that dictates the price, oh and manual fetches a fair bit higher as well.

I was told this is not yet the busy season for auctions, so the amount of 370gt is still limited. However, with the strenght of the yen, these prices might not even hold in the foreseeable term.