SAU Community

Man Leads Police On Wild Chase

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8111831

Man leads police on wild chase

Several officers have been injured and police vehicles damaged when a driver menaced a motorist on a western Sydney motorway then tried to run from the law.

Police said a 19-year-old man was driving a Nissan Skyline on the M4 at Homebush at about 11pm (AEDT) on Saturday when another man, driving a Mitsubishi Lancer began tailgating his car, flashing his high beam lights.

The menacing behaviour continued for up to 30 minutes as the cars drove west along the motorway.

The 19-year-old man called police and was told to leave the motorway and make his way to the nearest police station, at St Marys.

When he stopped in King Street outside St Marys Police Station, the Lancer driver drove to the end of the road and performed a burnout, attracting the police's attention.

Officers directed the driver to stop but when he refused, they pursued him along the Great Western Highway before terminating the chase in Stafford Street, Penrith.

During the pursuit, the driver collided with a trailer towed by a car at the intersection of the Great Western Highway and Parker Street at Penrith.

No one was injured.

A short time later, police patrolling in York Road at nearby Jamisontown saw the Lancer being driven erratically and overtaking cars on the wrong side of the road.

They followed the Lancer into the dead end Regentville Road where they positioned their two unmarked police cars to stop the driver.

But, instead of stopping, the driver drove between the cars, crashing with both, before travelling onto Tench Avenue, prompting a second police chase.

In Jeanette Street, Regentville, the motorist did a U-turn and drove directly at three pursuing police cars causing substantial damage to all of them.

The man then repeatedly reversed and accelerated towards the police cars while officers tried to remove him from his car, using capsicum spray to subdue him.

A 23-year-old Riverwood man has been charged with 16 offences.

They include: drive dangerously, menacing driving, perform burnout and drive vehicle recklessly/furiously, stalk/intimidate to intend fear of physical/mental harm, use weapon to avoid apprehension, refuse to undergo breath test, intimidate police and common assault.

His licence has been suspended and his car confiscated.

A 16-year-old was also arrested but later released without charge.

A number of officers who were in the police cars involved in the incident suffered minor back injuries and bruising but none required medical treatment.

Four police cars were damaged in the incident.

im sure they defected the skyline when he pulled up at the police station.

but the cops are the same everywhere.. same thing would probably of happen here.. :worship:

Yeah, first I thought Skyline driver was a culprit.

Anyway, at least it's not another Skyline driver wrapped around a tree or something. That Lancer driver got some really bad issues.

So in the title of this thread you have "19-year-old man was driving a Nissan Skyline".....now putting that in the thread title makes it sound as if the guy driving the Skyline was the culprit....

Yes what a dickbrain lancer driver....must have been high on drugs or something at the time to ram and mangle 4 police cars....

So in the title of this thread you have "19-year-old man was driving a Nissan Skyline".....now putting that in the thread title makes it sound as if the guy driving the Skyline was the culprit....

Yes what a dickbrain lancer driver....must have been high on drugs or something at the time to ram and mangle 4 police cars....

lol I know its a misleading title & I was thinking the same thing about the skyline driver being the culprit when i read it im surprised at the media for once the skyline wasnt labeled.

lol I know its a misleading title & I was thinking the same thing about the skyline driver being the culprit when i read it im surprised at the media for once the skyline wasnt labeled.

The media did label the skyline.. the article heading was more than enough.

i dont see why they have to say "nissan skyline" why cant it just be "nissan" even though its not bad about the skyline still public would read it and think to themselves "freakin skylines"