SAU Community

C34 Exhaust

Punk72

well , you know reading this forum and you would think that money grows on trees . we ( my son and myself) have just gone through the process of fitting a new system on the 31 3" crush bent system with just a muffler on the rear , would be a little loud for the street but it wont be so tuff and you could add one to quiet it down, The thing being this car produces 530Hp at the wheels and it doesn't make any dam difference if it is mandrel bent or not the gas still gets out. $400 for the tailor made system and it will last longer than you are going to have the car for anyway .

Lol.

The gas still gets out the stock exhaust doesn't it,

Where do you draw the line?

Crushing the pipe reduces the flow. That's a fact. Why have manufacturers of new cars stopped using crush bent exhausts? Cos they are shit.

If your crush bent exhaust is working for you good on ya.

Well I have been building race cars for the last 40 odd years and have a little experience with exhaust systems , do you know how the gas flow goes down the pipe , doesn't go anywhere near the outside of the pipe but about 3/5 mm in, due to turbulence , crushed or mandrel for you guys unless you race the bloody thing wont have a slight bit of difference and I have proved it.

Unless you put a mandrel system on and compare it you haven't proved anything. And I don't buy your "only down the middle" theory.

Anyway, rather than an Internet argument just take it that I disagree.

Like I said it's great it worked so well for you.