SAU Community

Whats Your Pc Store?

Hawkboy4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh all depends on which store you go to. what store in melbourne do you go to?

I go to the one near Monash U and sometimes Box Hill if parts aren't available at the Monash one. Of course I don't expect amazing services, the Sydney branch in Auburn though had no one behind the counter! Sometimes I feel some shops function like ebay operators.

ebay for me - china is so cheap

Ebay is a risk, especially if you're getting parts en-route from China as they quite often don't double check their stuff. I have heard of many stories of poor workmanship and DOA items like spoilt carbon wings, speakers with no cables, screen protectors that actually scratches etc. Also if anyone is jumping on the Android tablet wagon I'd steer clear of those for another year. DOA items will have to shipped back AT YOUR OWN EXPENSES.

My advice on e-bay is to stick to sellers that has a good reputation rating (at least 99.5%) and have sold many of the same items (with feedbacks). I have received unsatisfactory items from sellers but I have also received 100% refund on all of them, they didn't even want the items back! That's China shopping for you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...