SAU Community

Overdue Introduction

leer34

Hey everyone, have been a member for a while now but have made an introduction thread... i bought my 98' model R34 GTT in December 09' and loved it straight away..until august when i had a run in with the DECCW due to problems with the previous owner, and have had nothing but trouble since. However all seems to be sorted out now so thanks you to all the people who have already helped me out with info and advice.

I live in the Windsor area, NSW so will hopefully see a few of you around.

Bonnet is getting painted this week so will put some pics up soon.

Lee

cheers guys

the bonnet i got is from blits in queensland, i have already got it fitted to the car n the fitment is really good in terms of it matching up with the factory gaps between the panels..but actually fitting the bonnet was a real pain. The main bonnet catch was about 10mm too short, but the safety one was long enough, and it didnt make it over the strut brace or intercooler piping. i got in undercoateded today and the panel beater said it was one of the best fibreglass bonnets he's ever seen as it had hardly any pinholes in it, but unfortunately the undercoat had a bit of a reaction with the gel coat so it wont be getting painted til early next week now :P will post up pics and mods list when its sorted tho

• 3 weeks later...
welcome mate,

i need to get my bonnet resprayed also.

keen on seeing the photo's and your personal opinion etc :P

post-71653-1290600391_thumb.jpg

post-71653-1290600408_thumb.jpg

post-71653-1290600417_thumb.jpg

sorry it took me so long to get the pics up, im pretty happy with how the bonnet came out, thinking of getting the mirrors done 2..open to ppls opinions :P

looks gd man,

Still contemplating if i should respray mine or just get a after market one.

Black sure does look gd :D

yeah i didnt know whether i should get it done in black or not, but decided i would like it to stand out a bit more. doing it this way ive at least got the factory bonnet still in factory paint down in the back shed just in case i have any troubles with the fibreglass one. :action-smiley-069: what colour is ur car at the moment?..would love to see some before n after photos of whatever u end up doing!!