SAU Community

Introductions and Reproductions

moustd

Hey Guys,

Long time Lurker, first time poster!

Ive been dreaming of being a part of the community, and i finally could after receiving my R32 GTR that i imported from Japan.

image.thumb.jpeg.f494008651e2a86f2576aa975293fc0f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.845a9167b5798efe1410701c2ee0ff9e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1edfd535040d280919bc8cbf8994b531.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a1cd41f33830f6c0906c5f42f15accf4.jpeg

After watching my dads Bathurst cassette tapes when i was 12, ive always wanted a Godzilla to call my own.
Like all first time dream car owners do, im looking at wheels - and what goes better than a set of LMGT1 Wheels....until i saw the price of them these days....back to dreaming for me...

I managed to find these on ebay and i found absolutely NO other references to replicas that looked this close to the real thing, how bad could they be?

Ebay Link - They also have ads for different colors.

Is this something thats been discussed before or do i need to learn how to use the search function :P

Cheers Guys!

• Like 6

That's nice. Mostly tidy. Some work to do here and there. Bit of a tidy up in the engine bay, for example.

That Personal wheel is interesting. Looks v.similar to a Momo (specifically the Momo on mine). Just with a little bit more wrap on the spokes. The steel part looks like it came out of the same factory.

As to road wheels..... consider Enkeis, particularly RPF1, if wanting a good looking wheel that is v. light and won't break the bank even if buying genuine. I am not a fan of reproduction wheels. Mystery Chinese manufacture is not something I am going to give a lot of trust to. Also consider that R32s look better on 17s than on 18s. Also consider that black wheels look f**king hot on white and silver cars, and white spokes look pox on anything other than black or red cars.

• 2 months later...

Thanks GTSBoy, Yeah the Personal Steering wheel is what came on the car, and its annoyingly small, i Think 300mm and really thin :P But i do like the style of it, ill probably put a Momo or Saas one that fits the same look but in 330mm.

Yeah i like the RPF1, the silver on silver would looks super clean.

14 hours ago, moustd said:

annoyingly small, i Think 300mm

That might be why it looks like there's more wrap on the spokes. There's less spoke.

14 hours ago, moustd said:

silver on silver would looks super clean

If you like that sort of thing. However, consider - black looks equally good as the below on silver cars.

image.png.0d374afc6ff3ed8cf44e3a3377704c

To me, black rims, from a distance anyway, looks like the car has had some love by a tea leaf, and is now sitting on bricks with no wheels

I personally believe there needs some colour separation between a tyre and wheel

I the end it is personal taste, hell, I own and love my red SS Commodore wirh gold bogan spec FR-1 rims, so there is that to take into consideration about my taste in things 

I do think FRP1 rims suit the R32 and R33 extremely well

In the end changing the colour of rims is pretty simple if the colour you do choose doesn't end up floating your boat