SAU Community

Need Some Help

ANDR33W

Hey guys and girls,

im new to the forum and have only recently purchased my first skyline a couple of week ago :whistling:

My dad and i have come across this (picture) and im not quite sure if this correct or not, as we are new to turbo engines.

This is how i purchased the car. Apparently the seller had a boost controller on at some point but had removed it.

There is a front mount intercooler fitted so the nipple from the stock piping is no longer there.

Im just wondering if this setup is ok or will it cause damage? and also is there a way to get it back to stock?

Thanks,

Andrew

post-78007-1289363967_thumb.jpg

It will be fine like that unless the Charcoal canister valve breaks and the gate stays shut.

I would plumb it to another boost/vacuum source from the plenum like where the BOV goes or just on the one next to it. T piece is fine

Thanks for the help guys really appreciated :P

I think it'l stay like that just for the time being until holidays when I'll try and put a nipple to the intercooler piping.

And just to make sure, it would go to the one I have circled in green? Any special location in particular?

Thanks guys

post-78007-1289431439_thumb.jpg

That's your hot pipe, would be a better indicator to go to the cold pipe.

And mentioned, if your plumbing is going straight to the actuator as it appears to be doing, you'll only see 5psi boost.

hey mate, sorry cant pm yet only new member, yeh that top pipe is going from the tee straight to the actuator with no other tees,

i just circled the solenoid to show the bottom hose is still connected. Which one is the cold pipe?

Thanks for the help

heres mine. i have a manual boost controller though but the two lines that go to my manual boost controller will just be moved to your standard solenoid. my standard one is still there anyway and you can see the nipple i added to the cold pipe.

post-75415-1289452405_thumb.jpg

heres mine. i have a manual boost controller though but the two lines that go to my manual boost controller will just be moved to your standard solenoid. my standard one is still there anyway and you can see the nipple i added to the cold pipe.

post-75415-1289452405_thumb.jpg

Awesome thanks man ;)