SAU Community

Weird Loud Beep Noise From Speakers

hks33

hey sau,

Recently ran into some problems with my system. When the headunit is turned on a loud beep noise occurs from my speakers. Have a alpine motorised single din dvd screen headunit. With full soundstream picasso front and rear speakers with a 400w soundstream amplifier. Not too sure if i should have my settings to HPF,LPF or Full for my front and rear speakers. Along with my speaker frequency set to 50 or 20. This noise seemed to be happening a while ago just resoldered some wires and taped them up from the front speakers, and the noise seemed to go away. I press the power button on the headunit and have a look at the amplifier and the blue power light stays on until the loud beep occurs then the protection light comes on. Would this mean it is shorting out somewere?

need some answers desperately as im selling my car shortly

Best regards chris

you could try disconnecting front and rears separately and see which end creates the fault. i can find specs for my old soundstream amp online so have a go and maybe if you find a manual it will say something about making a noise to indicate a short or overtemp etc.

Chris

Front and rear speakers should be set to HPF any subs set to LPF

Firstly recheck your work ( some cheap elecy tapes peel off, Wires rubbing on an edge) Sounds like a shorted speaker or maybe a ground loop. If not you should still able to be fault find.

1. Unplug the RCA's to the AMP and then turn back on, does the tone contunue?, does the Protection light come on?

If neither, the problems probably in the RCA's (loosing ground) or maybe the Deck. Check indash wiring and Voltage to the Deck

2. Remove the Speaker wires from the AMP and turn back on, If the Protection light and the tone continue check the voltage at the AMP, otherwise the AMP may be toast

3. Test the Speakers, grab an old 9V ( 3/4 flat ones are best), stick it on each speakers wires in turn, you should get a crackle/pop out of the speaker if its OK

PS. Do you remember which wires you resoldered? (Amp to Speaker?)

Cheers

Bundy