SAU Community

Sau 2011 Easter Weekend In Airlie Beach

PM-R33

I feel like shit... Still.

Had an awesome weekend though. There are some photo's of Saturday night that are just... Bad. Great to meet everyone though! Next time though, midnight runs down Shute Harbour road. ;)

FUCK YES!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I better pull my finger out then... Clean up the car and finally do some stuff to it. Custom Strut Braces and stuff should be made this week though. First step, I guess.

Next time we will all stay in the same hotel complex to make it a lot easier.

Also forgot to tell you. I swear to god the cops were looking for us today. We went down for breakfast and a cop was searching the car parks all suss like. Then afterwards we went up to shute harbour, 5 minutes later, same cop searching the car parks there, then we went to meet you guys up at BP, said our goodbyes and me and Stacie went back down to the main strip to walk around. Pull up into a carpark, get out and start walking around, 1 minute later same cop scanning that carpark.

Seriously I was tripping out lol.

haha thanks phil.. Loved your car very clean and the antilag is off tap lol...

Funny you mentioned the cops.. There was one parked out the front of the airlie beach hotel when i was leaving. He just sat in the car staring as i got out of the driveway without scraping lol.. then did the u turn and was on the radio and following us. Luckily Andrew got between me and the cop and i lost him after i turned right onto the main strip just after i passed you guys having breafkast.. was very lucky pretty confident he was gonna pull me over for a chat if he caught up :whistling:

I was suprised at the lack of cops hasseling us, especially on the run out to shute harbour. But cant complain about that :thumbsup:

The best I've ever got with the power FC was from Rocky to Mackay where I managed 9.9L/100km, but I could never repeat that. What Cruise AFR's do you run phil? I think mine are around 15:1 or maybe a touch more. Dont remember, will ask my tuner today as he is back in Mackay

But I'm keen to start doing it myself, Will probably order a wideband as soon as I work out if this Innovate Kit I'm looking at is any good.

This is the one I'm looking at anyway:

Innovate MTX-L Wideband Kit

It looks like a good setup, just the price is cheap so thats putting me off a bit. But It might be a good start point anyway.

Hey guys, Pitty i missed out but ah well i made it from brissy with my new 32 last night. Just wondering if anyone has a cheapy 215/45/r17 laying around i popped my front left and just need something to get around on for a week till i get a whole new set. Would be much appreciated. Gimme a call 0419742800.

Yeah I run 15.1:1 - 15.3:1 basically everywhere around 80-120km/h cruise. Not sure how much leaner I could go.

I've heard of people going leaner, but if your getting 9.6L/100km as it is I wouldn't even bother. That's good fuel

Economy, especially if you were overtaking

I'd hate to see mine lol. Maybe I need a new 02 sensor. Still looks like the original one haha

Just replace it with the wideband and run it in closed loop lambda. That's probably a good contributing factor to my new fuel economy.

Still gotta do the cold start properly though as it runs way to rich in the first 5 or so minutes.

I was suprised at the lack of cops hasseling us, especially on the run out to shute harbour. But cant complain about that :thumbsup:

The best I've ever got with the power FC was from Rocky to Mackay where I managed 9.9L/100km, but I could never repeat that. What Cruise AFR's do you run phil? I think mine are around 15:1 or maybe a touch more. Dont remember, will ask my tuner today as he is back in Mackay

But I'm keen to start doing it myself, Will probably order a wideband as soon as I work out if this Innovate Kit I'm looking at is any good.

This is the one I'm looking at anyway:

Innovate MTX-L Wideband Kit

It looks like a good setup, just the price is cheap so thats putting me off a bit. But It might be a good start point anyway.

why don't you go AEM?

i got 1 for $200 from the states and so did dwayne and it works perfect in the supra

Oh right forgot you can't do closed loop.

Yeah I got an ECU from the dark ages remember :P

but at least it does the job :thumbsup:

Yeah Fritz, AEM is an option. I just like that innovate kit I posted because its a nice little gauge and then has analog outputs to run to the FC-Hako (so I can use it with FC Edit) and also innovates software through a connection. I dont know much about the AEM but could be an option worth looking into. Will have a look.

Is this the one?

AEM UEGO Wideband

If so looks pretty good. Has the analog outputs but no serial/usb output.... But thats not really a big issue as the main thing I want is analog to plug in and get data up on FC-Edit

Where have you been ordering yours from? Might have to come look at yours one day. Looks good but and there supposed to be a good system

Is this the one?

AEM UEGO Wideband

If so looks pretty good. Has the analog outputs but no serial/usb output.... But thats not really a big issue as the main thing I want is analog to plug in and get data up on FC-Edit

Where have you been ordering yours from? Might have to come look at yours one day. Looks good but and there supposed to be a good system

yeah thats the one.

yeah dwanye's works great thats why i got one. MVP motorsports in the states