SAU Community

Postage Concern

niran

Hey everyone,

Well approx last weekend (Saturday) night, i gave a seller an sms who had pm'd me a few days earlier about a power fc which he had for sale. This person pm'd me via boost crusing forum, some of you may know ive been trying to find a Power Fc however with not much luck locally in Perth, I sms'd the seller. I asked for photos however he said he didn’t have a camera to take photos with, therefore i asked for the Serial number of both the Power FC itself and the hand controller. He sms'd me those details without any problems so i thought he must be legit. We organised postage Via express post from Brisbane to Perth, which was said to cost $14.80.. Anyway to be sure i asked the seller if i could pay half now and the other half when the item came to my house, he said that was no problem.

On Monday i deposited the amount and sms'd him to let him know. I received confirmation that he dropped it of at the post office around 3pm therefore roughly 5pm over there. After that i asked for a tracking number just so i knew where my item was and roughly when it would arrive at my house so i don’t miss it. He replied that he will send me the tracking number once he got home, however i got no reply.

I asked him the next day again but did not get any reply, after i asked him again exactly what’s going on, he told me he never got a tracking number and all he has is the receipt. So i thought that’s fair enough maybe he just didn’t get the tracking number of the post office.

On Thursday the item still hadn’t arrived so i asked him if he could photo copy me the receipt or even just to sms me the receipt number. However after that i have not heard from him and he has not replied to any of my text's . I’ve sms'd him a few times asking what’s going on and even rung his mobile but no answer.

So my question is, should i be concerned? Or does express post usually take this long from Brisbane.

Thanks guys, Ni

By next tuesday I would be a bit concerned, it generally only takes around 2-3 business days for express post. Just keep hasseling him for a tracking number, the post office should have given it to him when he sent it off.

GL.

if he agreed straight out to taking half the money and posting i'd be worried. theres no way in hell i'd post something interstate until 100% of the money had cleared.

but yer give it a few days before taking action

Hey guys,

Yeah im going to wait till monday and if nothing by monday then ill go see the bank and try sort something out.

Jono that is true, i thought it would be safer for me to pay half then the other half once i get the item, never thought of it that way, hmm hope hes legit :/

Hey guys

Did some searching found out ive been taking for a ride and this guy has done this before..If this happens to any one else, hope all this info helps

MITCHELL LAINE HIS ADDRESS IS 21 HONEYDEW CRESCENT TAIGUM 4018 QLD HIS DOB IS 11/11/87 AND HIS PHONE NUMBER IS 0416274866 .

on sky aus hes known as r34_83

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/to...ts/page__st__20

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/to..._mode__threaded

http://forum.501tag.com/index.php/topic/96...ware-and-alert/

http://www.501qld.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1581

on google:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&xhr=t&q=MITCHELL+LAINE&cp=14&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=685&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=MITCHELL+LAINE&pbx=1&bs=1&cad=h

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thanks. I adjusted my soft cut to 7600rpm and if I see I'm still making power there, I'll consider readjusting to possibly 7800rpm while on the dyno. 
    • Yeah not sure. I sourced another relay no problem, its definitely a relay according to Nissan parts, they used those specific relays on a bunch if cars around that time, but my two options are, find a behind dash wiring loom which is proving difficult, or get the current loom fixed up by the shop when they put my rebuilt engine back in, they are confident in their auto electrical abilities. Thing is my current loom has anti-theft stuff and GPS immobilisers wired into it so easiest option may be to just fix the current one to save ripping apart the immobiliser. 
    • Took it apart to get to the bearing found out i was wrong the bearing was pressed on to the diff side and the part i removed only had the bearing side, checked the bearing all looked fine took the shaft end to a shop and they recon it was movement from back and forth that made the marks and not rumbling about, so i just changed the seal and put it all back again.
    • Oh dear. That's um. There's like. Um. a lot of bare wires there. Take the whole thing out. Something is very very shorted somewhere. IT IS NOT CAUSED BY THAT "RELAY" (assuming it is a relay).