SAU Community

Tyre Issue (Pic)

druzilla32

Had this happen to me on tuesday

181904_1283235217183_1719195671_507243_6217350_n.jpg

Any thoughts?

I have been running 4 deg camber for last 5 track days, last 5 track days I have been using 2nd hand pcup slicks.

On tuesday I used new slicks and this happened at the end of 3rd session, (about 15 mins on track)

Tyre pressue was 37 after 1st session.. I then dropped to 28... So would have been a bit over 30 when this happened.

There were no lockups and the wheel didnt hit any curbs.

Thanks for any help.

Drew, some reckon that with the weight of our car we should be more towards 35 psi, I normally run around 35 psi but experiemented with 31 hot on tuesday. My tyres look fine and wear is good and even, with a fine ripple over the entire surface. did you check any temps on the day?

do you have any suspenison components rubbing?

damage during mounting i suppose is the only other thing I can think of.

either way mate, sorry to see your day ended like this, you were putting out some impressive times.

I recall the WRS guy at the track said it didnt think it was a puncture (at least not from trauma to the tread) but I guess with the way it is chewed up how could he tell. have you had time to give it a good going over Drew?

Drew, some reckon that with the weight of our car we should be more towards 35 psi, I normally run around 35 psi but experiemented with 31 hot on tuesday. My tyres look fine and wear is good and even, with a fine ripple over the entire surface. did you check any temps on the day?

do you have any suspenison components rubbing?

damage during mounting i suppose is the only other thing I can think of.

either way mate, sorry to see your day ended like this, you were putting out some impressive times.

Nah, didnt check tyre temps on the day.. I will be sure to do this in the future though.

No components were rubbing on the tyre from what I could see.

The guys from WRS have the tyre now and will give it a good look over

Yeah its a shame this happened, but then I dont think I would have got much more track time in with the rain soon after.

How did you end up going with times? get back out there later in the arvo?

no, left before lunch. no better times later in the day. was pretty happy with the time we got considering the car was a handful (oversteer) after we changed the roll bar settings. a few tweaks hopefully will sort that out for next time out.