SAU Community

The New Install

infiltrator

• 4 months later...

Scriblez i will be doing 99% on my own, thats why its taking so long to get it done, but i think it will be well worth it.

AAA34T, i havent even looked at that yet , that will be done in in the next months.

Ezekiel86, what system do you have in the 260?

Scriblez i will be doing 99% on my own, thats why its taking so long to get it done, but i think it will be well worth it.

AAA34T, i havent even looked at that yet , that will be done in in the next months.

Ezekiel86, what system do you have in the 260?

Dude your sense of achievement is going to go through to roof once it's done. Good Job mate :thumbsup:, can't wait to see further progress.

I'm gonna be doing something similar to this but only 2 subs on 1 side so I can still use majority of the boot space to carry stuff around.

Ok so my sterio was big then I cut it down fron 4 amps down to 2 and from 3 subs to 1to start draging it and to beable to put my toolbox in the back. The alternator was a pain I had to get the biggest amperage alternator that could find in the standard spot I used bosch 120a alternator vl commo alternator housing and the standard pully the bosch alt would not bolt up and we stripped the bosch 120a internals and put them in the vl alt housing because they would not fit in the standard housing and the vl is a little bigger once all back together works almost great but needs a smaller pully alt does not charge below 1000rpm my car never stops so no major problem for me

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it has been a while since i have posted here , ran out of fibreglass, and had no time to get more until a few weeks ago. here is an update video

just testing air leaks and the like. on the handheld Db meter i have, 130Db :)

in theory, you should wire each subs coils in series, then parallel the subs together

It is far less desirable to make subwoofer to subwoofer connections in series. Because of slight and unavoidable differences between speakers and because of the high likelihood of uneven loading between different speakers in a car, there will be slight differences in the mechanical behavior of the two speakers in series. These differences in movement result in induced voltage (called back EMF) being created by the speakers across the series connection. This effect causes a problem when two speakers which behave differently are connected in series because the speakers can modulate each other (cause each other to move), resulting in distortion. The problem becomes more serious as more speakers are connected in series.

A good experiment to show the effect of back EMF is the following: connect four speakers in series and short the positive and negative input leads of the series circuit. Push down on one cone with your hand; you will notice that the three other speakers will move in the opposite direction of the one you are pushing. Now, reconnect the speakers in parallel, short the inputs and push down on one cone. The speakers will not modulate each other because each one is shorted directly.

Back EMF modulation is not a concern when the voice coils of a dual voice coil speaker are wired in series to each other because the coils are physically coupled on one moving mass. Therefore, they cannot possibly modulate each other because they cannot move independently.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=163