SAU Community

Battlefield 3

oweban

• 1 month later...

At today's EA's E3 press conference, it was revealed that Battlefield 3 will have an open beta across all applicable platforms beginning this September....EA has confirmed that Battlefield 3 will be released on October 25, 2011 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

and vids without presentation - awsome in 1080p and vids have proper audio

I'll definitely be playing.

What platform are people going for? I have a ps3 with on 40" Sony (3D) LCD LED and a good PC ([email protected]/6gb Ram/GTX 470 and twin 24" Samsung LED LCD).

I have been playing BF2 and MW/MW2 on the PS3 previously, but Im wondering if I should make the switch to PC instead =/

Getting battlefield on anything other than PC is just the wrong kind of experience.

bfbc2 on xbox and pc were basically 2 different games.

And yeah, 5870 on 2560x1440 just won't cut it ;)

What sort of graphics card do you guys think it would take to handle BF3 on high/max settings? currently have an intel i7 2.67ghz cpu, 6gb ram (computer seems to recognize only 4gb??),ATI hd4890 graphics card, some gigabyte motherboard. dont know too much about computers.

What sort of graphics card do you guys think it would take to handle BF3 on high/max settings? currently have an intel i7 2.67ghz cpu, 6gb ram (computer seems to recognize only 4gb??),ATI hd4890 graphics card, some gigabyte motherboard. dont know too much about computers.

The reason your computer is only reading 4gb ram is because you're running 32-bit Windows. You'll need 64-bit to make use of the 6gb you have

Edited by Dani Boi

no kidding? its been pissing me off for years thinking i got ripped off

It was pissing me off too, having the pc recognize only 4th of ram. Time to grab that 64 bit version of windows.

The maximum amount of ram is actually theoretical:

2^32 = 4,294,967,296 ~ 4gb

2^64 = 1.844674407371e+19 ~ 18.4 billion gb

That's right, if we had unlimited ram space for our pc, we could theoretically have a maximum memory of just over 18 billion gb......... WTF?!?

Definitely need windows 7 x64 bit, otherwise you will only see even less than 4gb of ram.

Anyway, I'm thinking 6950 as a minimum for bf3 at 1920x1080.

anything less than that and you won't get absolute maximum.

They are making a new engine for this sure, but as if it won't get made properly which means even the slightly lesser than the highest hardware should make do just fine.

time to retire the old 4870 :( dagnabbit now i gotta buy another aftermarket cooler

No need on the newer ati cards, they run a hell of a lot cooler than those 4 series cards.