SAU Community

Help Identifying An Rb20Det Clutch

DTK

g'day,

I have just picked up an RB20DET motor and box that came with a twin plate Clutch and lighted flywheel.

Now I have to find a throw out bearing to suit this clutch. The only marking on the clutch is "TJ"

I know the Throw out in the box is not the correct one for this clutch I just really need more info on the clutch and Bearing.

If anyone had any experience or thought please help :)

Cheers

Oh here is a pic of the clutch also :)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/NBSKYLINE/2.jpg

g'day,

I have just picked up an RB20DET motor and box that came with a twin plate Clutch and lighted flywheel.

Now I have to find a throw out bearing to suit this clutch. The only marking on the clutch is "TJ"

I know the Throw out in the box is not the correct one for this clutch I just really need more info on the clutch and Bearing.

If anyone had any experience or thought please help :)

Cheers

Oh here is a pic of the clutch also :)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/NBSKYLINE/2.jpg

What makes you think it's the wrong throw out?

Mine has an Exedy HD clutch and lightened flywheel and if you're worried about the noise that you get when the clutch is out - it's NORMAL.

If you haven't put it in the car yet then I think the GQ patrol bearing will work...otherwise just go OEM or try a wrecker. Call nissan and quote your VIN and they'll give you the part number for it. If it's not going into the same car it came out of (as in make and model), just call Nissan and they should be able to locate the right part.

Edited by EXEMPT

I though every clutch kit that comes out has its own throw out bearing best suited for the new clutch.

the one that is in there is very very similar if not the same to one I have seen on an original setup on the same type of box.

I'll probs get an NGK or something along the lines once I sort it out. If it turns out an OEM one will do the trick then thats awesome

Cheers for the input m8 :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm almost at the stage of putting it all back together, still un decided if I should use the twin plate TJ only coz I dont even know if its thicker or what by comparison to stock.

when the time comes I guess I'll put it in anyway but any advise on the clutch would be great :)

Cheers