SAU Community

Anyone With A Tomtom Gps?

FYI - For those of you with a TomTom GPS, you can search and find an icon for the Infinity via the TomTom's Home application. Looks very cool to see a silver V35/G35 navigating its way through streets... biggrin.gif

Tried to upload the .bmp icon directly here, but that type of file is apparently not allowed.

Edited by Stuart McK

FYI - For those of you with a TomTom GPS, you can search and find an icon for the Infinity via the TomTom's Home application. Looks very cool to see a silver V35/G35 navigating its way through streets... biggrin.gif

Tried to upload the .bmp icon directly here, but that type of file is apparently not allowed.

Bahaha,

you're a classic dude. Love the fine effort!

Nice. But just silver coupe?

If it can have a white one, I am interested. :)

Nice. But just silver coupe? If it can have a white one, I am interested. :)

Yep - sorry. I don't make 'em, I just find 'em! And did I mention that my V35 is silver? tongue.gif

Nice. But just silver coupe?

If it can have a white one, I am interested. :)

OK - had some free time. Has to be saved as a .bmp to be used with a TomTom. Now you just need a TomTom eh? happy.gif

post-74388-0-80099500-1300859969_thumb.jpg

OK - had some free time. Has to be saved as a .bmp to be used with a TomTom. Now you just need a TomTom eh? happy.gif

post-74388-0-80099500-1300859969_thumb.jpg

Haa, nice! :thumbsup:

Can you tell me the process of how I can get this in my GPS?

I've Navman at the moment. If it doesn't work, I am buying TomTom (Any version is ok?).

Can you tell me the process of how I can get this in my GPS?

I've Navman at the moment. If it doesn't work, I am buying TomTom (Any version is ok?).

Victor, when GPS units are plugged into a PC, they generally appear as a USB hard disk in File Explorer/My Computer. On the TomTom, there will be a directory called 'art' with a subdirectory called 'cars'. All the standard car icons which you can select on the unit will appear there as .bmp files. Just rename this one as a .bmp file, and copy into the \art\cars directory. When you go to change your car icon preference on the unit, this car will now appear in the select list. Simple! All TomToms to my knowledge have an identical internal file structure - operating system versions just differ for the units along with the features loaded (e.g. Text to Speech).

For the Navman, don't know. However, it would have to be a similar arrangement (a bunch of icon files somewhere, probably as .bmp files). I suggest have a look at what car options you can select already on the Navman, connect it to the PC as if you're going to update it, and see if it then appears as a removable drive. If so, do a filename search on that drive for one of the icons you know should exist (e.g. ford), and hopefully you'll find the directory. Then just copy this file there. Unless the Navman has the icons somehow compiled into a single file, then all bets are off...

Hope this is reasonably clear.

Edited by Stuart McK

Here's the original silver infinity file. Shading is nicer on the original (hey, I'm no graphic artist!).

Don't forget to rename it from .jpg to .bmp

post-74388-0-19162000-1300863992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stuart McK

Victor, when GPS units are plugged into a PC, they generally appear as a USB hard disk in File Explorer/My Computer. On the TomTom, there will be a directory called 'art' with a subdirectory called 'cars'. All the standard car icons which you can select on the unit will appear there as .bmp files. Just rename this one as a .bmp file, and copy into the \art\cars directory. When you go to change your car icon preference on the unit, this car will now appear in the select list. Simple! All TomToms to my knowledge have an identical internal file structure - operating system versions just differ for the units along with the features loaded (e.g. Text to Speech).

For the Navman, don't know. However, it would have to be a similar arrangement (a bunch of icon files somewhere, probably as .bmp files). I suggest have a look at what car options you can select already on the Navman, connect it to the PC as if you're going to update it, and see if it then appears as a removable drive. If so, do a filename search on that drive for one of the icons you know should exist (e.g. ford), and hopefully you'll find the directory. Then just copy this file there. Unless the Navman has the icons somehow compiled into a single file, then all bets are off...

Hope this is reasonably clear.

Thanks, Stuart. :)

I will try with my Navman this weekends and will let you guys know if I can get it on it.

If not, I will get a TomTom later.

Edited by Victor.T