SAU Community

Rushhour

Hey guys,

Just a quick question,

I was driving down Hindmarsh the other day and seen a honda wit a rushhour sticker on it, it got me wondering.

Ive happened to notice that u only see a few cars with rushhour stickers on them nowadays, nowhere near as many as there used to b around town.

I know they used to get a bad wrap, but also heard they started doing charity cruises for good causes.

Is anyone here a member of this notorious club?

And what's the go with their cruises?

I heard people started removing the stickers because they were being targeted by the Police. In the same rumor, it was said that ACT policing had a group specifically investigating Rush Hour.

Their once a year charity event does not negate all the bad things they have done and still doing, such as pouring oil on the road to do burnouts, racing in traffic. I went to the first Rush Hour Charity cruise and it was a TLGP.

There are a couple of Skylines that are part of their activities. They don't post much on here though.

Their "Cruises" are through a email list or sms. Their Charity Cruise is normally on Forums and Facebook.

lol. i already got a bad enough name wit the police. I seriously don't need anymore attention

Just really wanna cruise..unsure.gif

It doesn't feel like many ppl here like cruisin much anymore.

I went to the drive-in at blacktown for fast five on sat night. Was amazed wit the turn out. Just thinking it'd b nice to have something organised like that down here.

its better you go have a look by your self. i went a year ago, things might have charged around in terms of good and bad. anyways im also keen of cruising around. if you go for a cruise around just hit me up and ill try to make it.

yea might go c what all the fuss is about.

On another note, do we have an ACT skyline interest for texikhana june 12th at narimba airstrip?

Lol, the ACT Skyline crew normally are at the top of the field. This coming Texikhana, Reece (from Canberra) will be designing the course.

I'm considering going again, but it's a bit of money I could use to my Japan trip....

Cruises are rare these days because of the police. If you want to do one, put up a post and organise it and give people plenty of warning.

I think they run on Wednesday nights in Woden some where. A few of my mates go there often. I hear police break it up nearly every night and give out defects

Im guessing this is dylan and you were talking to dean? Police barely ever bother them and rarely give out defects unless you are being an arsehole. Mostly just RBT unless they see you doing skids etc. They will however put a note in their system on your car/license that you are connected with them.

Stickes are rare because of the bad rep, but there are plenty of cars sporting the charity cruise one as they dont really say rushour on them.

Edited by k_d

If I want to go for a drive I do it...no need to have a dozen 18yo knobheads trying to do skids in their mums VN Vacationer come with you.

Its only an Hour to Cooma and that is quite a nice drive and there are no traffic lights/RBTs etc every 5ks up the road

Its not like its Broadbeach carpark on teh GC a few years ago where it was a full on carshow every saturday night so it was intersting to see Genuine HO Falcons and 700Hp GTRs etc

Then the Knobhead 18yo's came and ruined it now there is nothing :(

Im guessing this is dylan and you were talking to dean? Police barely ever bother them and rarely give out defects unless you are being an arsehole. Mostly just RBT unless they see you doing skids etc. They will however put a note in their system on your car/license that you are connected with them.

Stickes are rare because of the bad rep, but there are plenty of cars sporting the charity cruise one as they dont really say rushour on them.

Dean, Darren, Dale and few others. I just got told they usually meet up in Woden somewhere and cruise around usually up to the cotter and do circlework. I got told that one time the police blocked off both sides of the car park and had a look at everyones cars and handed out a few canaries. I've never been interested in Rush Hour so I'm just going off what I've heard.

Dean, Darren, Dale and few others. I just got told they usually meet up in Woden somewhere and cruise around usually up to the cotter and do circlework.

This is true. They've finally discovered the truck turn around a few weeks ago after so many months of being built. I haven't seen oil there, but it might just be a matter of time.

This is true. They've finally discovered the truck turn around a few weeks ago after so many months of being built. I haven't seen oil there, but it might just be a matter of time.

headed out past the cotter to blue range hut yesterday there was a corner that might as well have had the tarmac replaced with shredded rubber and steel wiring.