SAU Community

Bit Of Help =)

Mattz0r

Proberly the wrong place to put this but yeah... I'm new to the forum and i'm getting my licence in july! ;) and i'm going to get a skyline just i dont have a clue where to look.. I've been on carsales and i've had a look on the classifieds here but yeah i was just hopeing for a bit of adivice.. How much do you guys think i would be looking at for a non turbo r33 manual? and when i go look at the car any tricks to see if its going to be a lemon on me.

Thanks guys =)

Cheers guys. its just so hard to find a non turbo... and from what i've heard the only way around that is to either by a turbo and do a engine conversation or lower the presure so it doesnt use the turbo but it can harm the engine.. so atm its a bit of fml..

There are heaps of NA R33s.

http://www.carsales....odel_String%7C0

I even did the hard work for you. There's heaps more if you manually look through the other Skylines as I've only searched the "GTS" badged ones.

As for condition. Avoid ridiculously low k ones as they're false and even if the car is in good nick they will expect you to pay more for it. Similarly avoid any over 200,000ks, unless its cheap and drives well. Look for around 10,000ks per year.

Then test drive it. If the engine starts up first time, sounds right, revs right and the gearbox feels good the car shouldn't have any major mechanical issues in the near future. Body/interior should be reasonable too (don't expect perfection). Then get a stateroads check done, if it passes all these tests you've got yourself a nice, clean car.

Also if ur going na because you're getting your ps, which is what it sounds like, a search will tell you straight away that fiddling with the compression or taking the turbo off of a turbo engine makes the car run worse than an na...and the car is still registered as a turbo no matter what engine work you do to it. Just buy an na, less headache un the long run. It's only four years.

Yeah I was always going to get a non turbo i was just saying what i had read... thanks guys for the advice last time i did the engine refine on carsales it still gave me turbos so...

and @ astroa bear i'm one of those guys where if i'm going to buy something i'm going to buy it probely. hahaha and if i can offered it why not? ALSO i was set on getting a vx/vt commodore but there ridiculous.. a manual vt/vx with 200,00+ KMS on it are 8-10 grand.. so yeah.. I landed on skyline and just love the car..

As much as I'm over na cars and love my stagea, my first car was a 33 na and I still miss it could barely pull the skin off custard but that didn't mean I didn't try :) good luck in your search

As much as I'm over na cars and love my stagea, my first car was a 33 na and I still miss it could barely pull the skin off custard but that didn't mean I didn't try :) good luck in your search

hahah thanks man its been a rough one so far... as far as problems wet to you experience much with the 33?

Hey guys can you tell much from this?

http://www.carsales....id=12EB589BF2C4

Would i be wasting my time going to have a look?

Doesnt come with road worthy, doesnt look well taken care of just by judging the pictures.

Has aftermarket wheel (will not pas rwc as its a 1995 model that came with a airbag wheel)

I probablt wouldnt bother

Doesnt come with road worthy, doesnt look well taken care of just by judging the pictures.

Has aftermarket wheel (will not pas rwc as its a 1995 model that came with a airbag wheel)

I probablt wouldnt bother

Agreed. I stopped reading the ad after 'selling due to loss of license'. Don't bother.