SAU Community

SI skyline dual airbags, option?

I am looking to purcahse another skyline after selling the WRX. I went and had a look at one that i am interested in buying. The build plate says 1997 and everything suggests that except for the airbags. It has a single (95 style) airbag and no passenger airbag.

My initial thought was that it has been in an accident and airbags have gone off and then replaced dash but i can not find any signs of damage what so ever. I don't understand how this could be a possibility, 97 was the second year of the series two and surely would not have come out with a single airbag.

Can anyone shed some light on the this?

Cheers

The thing is that every thing else about it is series two, bonnet, front bar, grill, rear skyline label is colour coded, seats, speedo and surrondings, dash... Only thing that isn't is the airbags.

It is also in very good condition. Have seen cars before that have been in accidents so i know some of the things to look out for and it looks good.

blx - when you say 95 style airbag... does that mean it has the 95 style wheel... like this : http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...achmentid=11876

If so, then I would suspect that its a bit dodgy. I am pretty sure I have read that airbags were always options in skylines (but most had them anyway)... so if its the right wheel (S2, not s1 like above) and no passenger airbag, then i wouldnt be worried.... if it has the S1 wheel, then i would be a bit suss tho.

maybe just its interior was previously damaged, so they had to replace the dash and mix n matched..

or perhaps it previously put out 600hp, and had 12 guages across the dash, leaving holes, which they couldnt hide, so they replaced the dash :rofl: