SAU Community

Fitting R32 Indicator

Hey all Ive done some searching on the forums and through google but I havnt really been able to find what I needed.

Long story short.. I hit my car (nothing major) but I need to replace my left hand side indicator. I have been able to get another one (stock)

The problem is im not sure how to go about removing the old one and fitting the new one.

Is it just simply pop the old one off and put the new one in..?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers guys

I will assume your talking about the front indicator next to headlight. It is very straight forward, there is one screw ontop that you will see mounted to the radiator support (you will find it easily once the bonnet is open) and besides that all that holds it in is a ball socket in the headlight and it slides into a section front guard. The method I use to remove my front indicators is.

1. Unscrew phillips head (star) screw from the top of the indictor

2. Pull indicator away from the headlight to pop out ball socket (it just pops in and out, can be tight)

3. Slide indicator away from the guard

I can get some photos if you need them but it is pretty straight forward. All you should have to do is pop the old one out and put the new one in and all should be sweet.

I am onto my 3rd set of front indicators :P

yeah had to switch mine the other day

just requires a bit of brute force....remove top screw then start to wriggle out towards you to remove it from ball joint as Adam has mentioned^