SAU Community

Legacy B4 Tt

If your thinking of modding it then forget about it. All subies have pretty weak drivelines, there not like our bullet proof skylines.

Plus they dont really respond well to mods imo especially comepared to the rb or sr.

The also have piston slap issues due to the boxer design, anything over 150,000kms i wouldnt even bother.

If you want something different maybe go a toyota of some kind, maybe a chaser or something.

Definetly test drive one.

Ive driven a my06 sti liberty and it's very laggy on take off (tiptronic-auto) it needs about 3500rpm before it starts to move.

It doesnt feel as fast as an r33 auto nor as responsive.

That being said they are a very nice car and the awd grip is unreal.

Driveline is weak if you abuse it, I had an 04 RS rally car, the process for changing up was at 6k, 200rpm short of the limiter I would kick the clutch pedal as hard as possible, and would have my foot off the peddle before it made the floor, and at the same time SMASH the next gear again as hard as possible. I would not lift a mm. That went for 8 events with no probs..

The big improvement you will notice is in the handling, compared to my 32 my 89 liberty wagon with WRX struts is SO much nicer into and through a corner it isn't funny, lighter in the nose so less understeer, lower centre of gravity and better weight distribution makes the car more predictable in the corner.

As has been said it will not respond as well as the skyline to tuning. There is a big difference between how the cars are built, the abuse that Skylines will love will break a Subaru, but they also have their benefits. Handling is one, cost can be another, space/size and stigma would be debatable. I think the people suggesting Toyota might be on a more predictable/boring track, but Toyota is #1 for a reason..

Yeah but they are all automatic over here, the rare manual ones are far too expensive. Plus, i've really got my heart set on a B4. I was hoping to hear more good things about them but i guess my Skyline is just better.