SAU Community

Led Drl's

Hey guys,

for some months now i've been trying to find some decent quality LED DRL's at a decent price.

i'm looking for something similar to what the Mercedes-Benz and Audi's run from factory.

best range is obviously on ebay but the offerings are either cheap and crap, or expensive and crap. i have had a cheap set before, which looked ok and were surprisingly waterproof and lasted over 6 months to when i sold the car - but the light output was minimal and long distance visibility (as in, couldnt see them looking back at the car from down the road) was useless.

I have found Hella does a LEDayline kit and as they are OEM suppliers for Mercedes and Audi, this would suggest they'd be the best quality - but they are $300+ for a pair from Germany.

Philips do a kit, more reasonably priced, which i believe are used on the Skoda's - even though they are part of VAG - but i dont think they look that fantastic.

has anyone had any luck finding any other options??

theres a place somewhere in Clayton that does em.. ive seen them on a few cars they did(one was a 350z) but i wouldnt suggest they throw as far as hella or phillips, but yeh maybe worth giving a call.

CarX in clayton ..

hmm might have to go this one alone.

was considering organising purchashing bulk off a wholesaler with decent product and onselling to the forum but not much interest here....